1987 Buick GN New Spectra Fuel tank GM307C are they Good?

I am considering replacing my original fuel tank in my 1987 Buick GN with a new Spectra Fuel tank item # GM307C.

Has anyone bought this tank installed and had any issues with fit finish or use?

Does it aesthetically look identical once installed to original GM tank?

Let me know
Feedback appreciated

They fit fine look great the only issue with them is...When your gas tank is low filling up is a challenge at a gas pump. For some reason when the tank gets low the check valve on the neck makes the fuel back up and can spill out. You have to pump slow until the tank is at least 1/4 of the way full. I thought this was a temp thing but have gone to fill up during the summer and now fall and its happened both times. No problems if you use a gas can to fill up which I've used too.

Like I said, they work fine and have the required baffle in it. Rock Auto has a decent price on it.

Aside of the ownership of the company being a French Canadian asshole and extemely arrogant....they make a nice product...expensive for what they are but nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used the GM3C, supposedly same tank but without the filler neck, and soldered the filler neck from my old tank on it. I haven't had any issues filling it or with the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They fit fine look great the only issue with them is...When your gas tank is low filling up is a challenge at a gas pump. For some reason when the tank gets low the check valve on the neck makes the fuel back up and can spill out. You have to pump slow until the tank is at least 1/4 of the way full. I thought this was a temp thing but have gone to fill up during the summer and now fall and its happened both times. No problems if you use a gas can to fill up which I've used too.
Same scenario with the Caddy in my avatar

I've used a few of the g-body spectra tanks and always had the slow filling issue too. On the latest one, I vented the filler neck and will see if it helps with filling this spring.

Bigmandengo, did the venting work?
I'm not sure yet. Actually, I'm trying to install the tank today but I'm running into issues with the filler neck. It doesnt seem to be bent right. I'm going to try and bend it to fit with a pipe.

I have not installed mine yet, but looks like the neck bends to the right. Is that the same issue you are seeing?

The filler neck sits a little low and I could not see a way to bend the neck it's pretty thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was too low but I was able to tweak it up by putting a solid metal rod down the filler tube and bending it up. Fits fine now.

I've used 3, no issues w/ the neck. from the way they are shipped, I'd guess the UPS clown used it for a trampoline.