1987 Black Regal with T package non turbo 307 HOW MANY PRODUCED

I personally like weird turbo buick and g body oddities id leave it stockish if you're like me. i doubt its something that would ever be valuable. if they accidently put a turbo v6 in a car it didnt belong THAT would be valuable. my 2 cents. i still think its cool.

does it have 8.5 rear?

I personally like weird turbo buick and g body oddities id leave it stockish if you're like me. i doubt its something that would ever be valuable. if they accidently put a turbo v6 in a car it didnt belong THAT would be valuable. my 2 cents. i still think its cool.

does it have 8.5 rear?
I am with you. It has the 7.5 but with sway bar and big sway bar in front. I look at it this way...there is some value in it's oddity by the fact it's all black, black out package, low miles, great interior, it has to be valued more than just any regal or regal limitied. It's not a $20k car but is it a $10k? Considering it has all the cool stuff, original paint, it's like a blank canvas to start with. I am spending way to much time thinking about what to do. Maybe just a rear end change for now.

Rare doesn't mean much if it's not desirable. I have a '82 Turbo GN. One of 35. Not worth much since not many people want them. Same applies to a 307 T car. Even one as nice looking as your's.

I'd have to agree, it's a great candidate for a cool motor swap. LS or 455 Buick. And keep the flat hood. (No point in doing a Turbo V6, just go buy one instead.)

No point in putting a 8.5" rear behind a 307. A 7.5" is plenty for that car.

(Just 2 cents from someone with a 'rare' Buick)

6k car maybe?
Then someone will yank everything out and make a real car out of it.

Or not?

As it is.....it is a cool looking turd that any minivan would pull away from.

Rare doesn't mean much if it's not desirable. I have a '82 Turbo GN. One of 35. Not worth much since not many people want them. Same applies to a 307 T car. Even one as nice looking as your's.

I'd have to agree, it's a great candidate for a cool motor swap. LS or 455 Buick. And keep the flat hood. (No point in doing a Turbo V6, just go buy one instead.)

No point in putting a 8.5" rear behind a 307. A 7.5" is plenty for that car.

(Just 2 cents from someone with a 'rare' Buick)
Desirable can come in many forms. How many guys would like to do an LS project or something different but not hack up an original GN. The availability of cars like mine approaches zero pretty fast. That makes it desirable in my book.

If anyone is still paying attention. I decided on the route to go. I just bought a 1971 Olds 98 80k miles 455 factory 4 bbl dual exhaust runs and drives...gonna check compression and decide from there. In it's untuned poor state it easily roasted both rear tires...has a 12 bolt factory posi and a shit load of options. Anyway, I hope the exhaust manifolds work. They sure look right. I had an extra BR code trans. going to the builder on Monday. The rear end is the question...pretty sure a built 7.5 can hold up with new components and I will run 3.73 gear. The engine will be black with most of the 307 accessories retaining the air...scraping the smog stuff but will look like it belongs or factory installed....

Great solution, but the 7.5 rear end is questionable behind a 455 unless you are going to drive it easy.

Use every thing from the 455. The 307 is different. That rear will not last.

Use every thing from the 455. The 307 is different. That rear will not last.
Everything from the front of the 307 will bolt to the 455 with some "slight" modification on 1 bracket and a spacer with longer bolt. The motor mounts are in the same position, bolt in. The rear end is still the 7.5 but with new eaton posi & 3.73 gear. 200R4 is currently being rebuilt. This is not going to be a drag car. I even opted for a FAST fuel injection system. I believe this will be a great combination and a fun driver. Has anyone looked at the Dakota VHX gauges? Or tried them for the Regal. Look awesome. I currently have a 85 mph speedo and fuel gauge.

Looks like a cool project, you didn't pick this car up in Nassau NY by chance?

Looks like a cool project, you didn't pick this car up in Nassau NY by chance?
No. Not from N.Y. I do have the 455 installed...real easy. Only issue 455 original valve cover no clearance, easy solution was using 307 valve cover on the pass. side gave about 1" inch clearance. Drilled the holes that weren't by the factory giving it all 10 mounting holes. Exhaust manifolds from Thorton were perfect. Just working on gauges and FAST fuel injection system.

A very similar one sold locally over the summer, don't see very many V8 Regal Ts around. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Pictures coming soon.
A very similar one sold locally over the summer, don't see very many V8 Regal Ts around. Post some pics when you get a chance.
Pictures coming soon. Hope to have everything done in a couple weeks...been real aggressive working on it. Season is short around here.

It is quite amusing how the turbo V6 worshippers lose their minds at the idea of anything other than a turbo V6 being slammed into a turbo regal. But a WAY cool factory 307 car, "nah, go ahead and swap it!".

That's because the potential for a 3.8 turbo is miles ahead of a 307 olds.

I understand the lack of potential of the 307 as opposed to the LC2. I own an 86 442 all stock, 86 GN, and a 78 Malibu with a turbo LS. The potential for the LS is miles ahead of the LC2. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just pointing out my amusement at the double standard.

There is one local made into a GN clone and has a Pat Musi big block in it.

Progress so far...
IMG_8804.JPG
IMG_8809.JPG

IMG_8809.JPG
IMG_8811.JPG
IMG_8814.JPG
IMG_8815.JPG
IMG_8822.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG

I understand the lack of potential of the 307 as opposed to the LC2. I own an 86 442 all stock, 86 GN, and a 78 Malibu with a turbo LS. The potential for the LS is miles ahead of the LC2. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just pointing out my amusement at the double standard.

Your amusement is noted.

The fact is, the OP in his original post stated "plan was to do a LS swap" but then he second guessed himself thinking what he already had might be worth something. Many opinions followed, some saying put an LC2 in it.

Why is that so amusing?

To hear all the interweb "guru's" that are able to type the letters "L" and "S" next to each other say it, any old LS motor swapped into any old 1970's to 2010 GM (or Ford) car will run low 10's on the street, easy... all for practically zero dollars invested.:confused:

Now that, THAT is amusing. :D;):D

Last edited: