1986 White T-Type or part out

rkkt788

I would like to sell the car as listed, but if no interest I will be parting out starting with the motor and all performance parts. I prefer you phone me at 215-768-4499 with any serious questions or offers. I do not log into this site often. I'm located in Allentown, PA.

$16, 800.00

Very clean 1986 Buick T-Type with 97,269 miles modified for street/strip/show use. Many options and parts have been changed or removed to reduce weight. I have tried to list everything done to this vehicle below and will add updates if needed. I do not have ANY of the old parts so please do not ask if they are included or for sale. I have a folder of receipts from the previous owner, and myself which will be included with the car.

I have owned the car since July of 2002 and have driven it only 1,035 miles. The car was purchased from a close friend who originally bought the car in California sometime in 1996. In the past 10 years this car has not seen rain or snow. It was also stored in a heated garage the past 4 years. This car has been adult owned and driven.

To see more photos click this link:
lego1823's latest photos slideshow on Flickr

Exterior: The vehicle was repainted sometime before 1996 and still looks good. I would rate the exterior an 8 out of 10, with minor blemishes. It is a great driver and still presents well at a car show. The factory chrome bumpers were replaced with a fiberglass set including the lightweight aluminum supports. Also replaced was the factory chrome grill and bezels for the blacked out package. Low beam headlights were upgraded to a halogen set. Front marker lights were swapped for factory GM clear set.

Interior: The interior is also in very good shape with many new parts. The seats are leather with the ½ console. Options are: power moon roof (still working), power door locks, power steering, power drivers seat, power antenna (still working) cruise control (removed), AC (removed), digital dash (removed) crank windows and column shift. The carpet and floor mats were replaced when the roll bar was installed. It also has an aftermarket 8-gauge dash kit from Performance Instruments. The dash kit includes a custom design panel with Autometer Phantom gauges. Gauges are: 160mph mechanical speedometer, electric tachometer, electric fuel pressure, electric oil pressure, electric water temp, 30/30 boost/vacuum, 90ohm GM fuel level and voltmeter. All idiot lights and turn signals function with the new dash. Check engine light turns on when second fuel pump is activated around 16#’s of boost. Mounted below the dash is the electronic boost controller from Innovative Turbo Systems. I was going to replace the headliner and visors but never got around to it. The headliner has a few marks but is not sagging or ripped.

Suspension: Stock 3.42 rear end with Moser 28 spline axles and extra long wheel studs.
Metco lower control arms and Hotchkiss upper control arms. ATR rear sway bar with dual airbags. Poly pinion snub and all new body mounts. The entire front suspension was rebuilt about 5 years ago and is brand new. (See photo) Front sway bar has been removed. Front tires are 215/65/15 BF Goodrich and the rears are 26 x 10.5 Mickey Thompson ET Streets. Wheels are factory and in great shape with new center caps.

Motor, Transmission and Exhaust: The Engine was rebuilt about 5 years ago locally. I have upgraded or added the parts in blue since then. Many parts have been jet coated, powder coated and painted. The best time so far was and 11.20 @ 121 on 20#’s of boost, please see video link. Since the last time at the track a Comp Cams Roller Kit has been installed. With a harder launch and possibly a looser converter this car will easily go into the 10’s. Please see video of test day at Atco
YouTube - Buick @ Atco

This motor and trans combination has less then 3,000 miles on it since a complete rebuild. Air-conditioning, heater, cruise control and wipers are removed. Battery has been moved to the trunk with an external shut-off. I do have the wipers and wiper-motor, which are included in the sale.

· Stock 109 block
· Stock Crank
· J&E Pistons
· Comp Cams 214/214 Roller Rocker (installed less than 100 miles ago)
· Champion GN1 Aluminum Heads with Full Race Port
· ARP Head Studs.
· TRD 1.65 Rockers
· Ported Stock Intake
· Kenne Bell Plenum
· 70MM Throttle Body
· HR Parts Poly Motor Mounts
· Turbonetics PT- 70 Single Ball Bearing Turbo
· FAST Engine Management Tuned by Jack Cotton
· 75# MSD Injectors
· Stock Fuel Lines.
· Kenne Bell Adjustable Fuel Regulator
· Red Armstrong Dual XP Fuel Pumps
· Cottons Performance Front Mount Intercooler
· ATR 3’ Down Pipe
· Racegate External Wastegate
· ATR Headers.
· Innovative Boost Controller
· Performance Transmission Rebuilt Locally
· Art Carr 9” Converter 3000 Stall
· ATR Exhaust & Mufflers.
· Custom 4inch Air Intake System from Cottons Performance

If it does not sell I would put it back to stock and sell the car that way and pawn the perf parts. Just my o2

If you resort to parting out I'd be interested in:
Kenny bell Plenum
70mm TB
PT 70 BB turbo
4"Intake "cottons"

Thanks Joe

Bump for an ultra rare AS7 car. According to Kirban's book there were less than 100 86 T-type's with tan leather. I want to say 70 something. I know grey was a little over 100 maybe 160 something? Time to bust out the book :cool:

I will get back to all on parts within the next few days. I've had several offers on a local sale and want to wait it out.

Thanks to DaveLC2. Let me know the total number made.

RARE CAR!!!! 1 of 20 built with that tan leather

that car is a rare car... I would put the a/c back in and keep it as a modded car.... ask Kirban... I believe it is only one of 20 with tan leather for that year

The Kirban guide said one of 55.

Car will be back up for sale with AC, heat and stock motor in a few weeks.

Not sure of price yet.

Ttt Happy Easter

How you making out?? Still interested in the parts we talked about.
HAPPY EASTER