1986 grand national whith column shifter

well you have one of a kind sweet
enjoy ( custom)
now blow it out research on this site
don't worry about that otherBS

I see a lot of issues on this car. Here are a few. Header panel paint is chipped, wheel well moldings missing, the shifter was swapped but it has digital speedo from column shift car = actual mileage unknown. In addition speedo is reading in Metric so verify the odo reset to miles and gallons is functional. Also verify if the car came with digital dash if not the gas gauge will not work properly and because of different harness issue alternator may not charge properly. The pic of RPO is blurry so I can’t tell. The blower motor control for the digital ac control cars are know to have issues and cost $300 from Casper’s for proper fix. Mentioned here because it looks rigged in the pics. Car looks to have been repainted but might have 200K miles or more on it. Under hood looks a little rough. Check trunk area seems for rust and/or bondo repair job. If you have a better pic of the RPO some of codes could be verified. Power passenger seat is cool if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re serious about buying this car you need to verify that everything from the headlights to the taillights work. Horn, windows, wipers, cruise control, turn signals...
I would bring a note pad to make a list to check off everything so you know exactly what you have.

It has power passenger seats both driver and passenger seats work

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Your right about the ac I had yo jump the pressure switch to kick the compressor on

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Power passenger seat wasn’t a option. No GN came from factory with it there was a mod that was posted on the board many years ago and I like it but that is probably 1 in 20 you will find in a GN.

Something is very FISHY !! , with all of these info posts ,you should expect the worst . I sure wouldn't buy it

These days for $10k I don’t think it’s the worse thing I’ve seen. I would verify the vin matches on the engine and trans and insure that the dash vin hasn’t been messed with. I’ve learned the hard way you’re better paying a little more up front for a car that has been garage kept with verifiable low mileage but they are getting harder to find for a decent price since they are over 30 years old now. A couple years ago you could find these cars everywhere now they are hard to find and double the price.

Good god. Talk about being picky in the comments.... This is starting to look like Facebook. Except there, the car is worth $100,000 (and nobody's whipping out the money).

Assess the exact car and decide what that exact car is worth TO YOU in the exact condition that it's in. If you can buy the car for less than that, buy it.

Then start looking for a used console in good shape and start tinkering with it to make it yours and put it back 'right'. There's nothing on that car that can't be fixed.

If, by some chance, you have to have a 100% factory original concours car in perfect condition never touched by human hands, then keep looking (and don't forget to swing by the bank for that HELOC).

As of know, a GN is still a car. They haven't yet moved into Cobra, Pantera, 250GTO territory.

Good god. Talk about being picky in the comments.... This is starting to look like Facebook. Except there, the car is worth $100,000 (and nobody's whipping out the money).

Assess the exact car and decide what that exact car is worth TO YOU in the exact condition that it's in. If you can buy the car for less than that, buy it.

Then start looking for a used console in good shape and start tinkering with it to make it yours and put it back 'right'. There's nothing on that car that can't be fixed.

If, by some chance, you have to have a 100% factory original concours car in perfect condition never touched by human hands, then keep looking (and don't forget to swing by the bank for that HELOC).

As of know, a GN is still a car. They haven't yet moved into Cobra, Pantera, 250GTO territory.
Best post yet. Car looks good for 10k. If I were in fl I’d offer him 8k and part it if it turns out to be a rotten candy apple

VIN on the frame: Upper left corner area, of the rear x member/shock mt/spring pocket.