1986 GN with TA motor

steve hughes

I'm trying to help sell the car for the widow of Larry Gable. Larry died unexpectedly in January. He was a good friend of mine. I will try to answer all the questions i can on this car. The car is in western New York.This is a very nice clean, fast street car. She was Larry's pride and joy. Dyno tuned by Otto. 765 horsepower with 28 psi. Larry had it to the track twice last year with a fresh motor after we got all the issues taken care of. 9.52 at 144 vwas his best pass. The car has the hardware and the potential to run hi to mid 8's. It's very stock appearing. Looking to get $36,000 . Please no low ball offers.

One owner 1986 GN , T-tops, roll cage with swing out side bars, very nice original stock interior, nicely detailed undercarage and under the hood , ac, 87,541 miles, show winner.

270" TA motor with TA heads,Crower crank and rods,JE pistons,T&D shaft rockers, solid roller cam, stock intake, 70 mm tb, BHJ balancer, sfi flex plate.

Gt 42-76 turbo, 4" polished stainless down pipe with cutout
Delta gate, polished stainless TA headers.
Innovative boost controller
Cotton's front mount intercooler
Classic Fast with Tiano laptop stand

Jannis 400 turbo with Rossler brake and hard parts
Bradco billet bolt together convertor
Mid plate
CSI trans shield, B&M shifter in the stock console
Denny's driveshaft with 1350 yokes

8.5" rear, 33 spline Moser spool and axles, Ta cover, ford housing ends(no c-clip eliminators to leak) large ford drum brakes
Metco upper and lower control arms
Wolfcraft type antiroll bar
QA1 single adjustable shocks on all 4 corners

Metco spare tirewell fuel cell with stock tank in place for looks
Weldon 2015 fuel pump, Weldon regulator and filters.
160# injectors, classic FAST
Bailey 2 step

PTS aluminum radiator with Spal fans

PM me if interested.

I'll post more pictures latter tonight.

Attachments

• 1 036.jpg
    1 036.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3,039
  • 1 040.jpg
    1 040.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,025
Had problems with my internet connection earlier.

Attachments

• 1 046.jpg
    1 046.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,941
  • 1 047.jpg
    1 047.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,953
  • 1 063.jpg
    1 063.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2,970
  • 1 068.jpg
    1 068.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,928
I would say the paint is about an 8. Larry had it repainted at one time. I'm sure it's base cear. One of the few things i couldn't find a reciept for. He had a bind full of stuff about 5 inches thick for the car. There are a couple of dings in it and one spot on the header panel that looks like the paint had some sand scratches under it. The spot is about 4 inch diameter. It could probably be fixed with wetsanding and buffing. Other than than shes very nice. Interior is really nice also.

Larry G.

What a shame.
Larry was involved in the Western New York Turbo Buick Club for years. I was a member & would like to say thanks to Larry for all the years he dedicated to our passion, The Turbo Buick.

His death saddens me to the core. He was truly one of the "good guys" & lovers of T.R.s have lost a great guy.

R.I.P. Larry.
I will miss the summer parties hosted at your house, The fun we'd have on track day at Liester Dragway eating the hotdogs he'd cook, the great advice and help you would give out to anyone who asked.

You made owning a TR a little more fun & easy for the avg guy.

As Larry would so proudly say about our cars,, and paint on his vehicles, a little 6 cylinder with 3.8 liters of displacement beating the guys in Camaros & Chevelles with twice the engine????
GET REAL!:frown:

Steve, would you happen to have any pics of Larry? I remember years ago in Bowling Green talking to an older fella from New York that was waiting on a TA block....Very likeable guy, just wondering if this is the same guy. Could be wrong but I believe his name was Larry.

I don't know where he got the MAF pipe. He may have built it.

Larry would have been 60 last saturday.

Hi Scott. I will see if i can find a pic of Larry. I'm sure it is him you are talking about. He waited along time for the engine.

They think he died of a masive heart attack.

Here are a couple of pictures of Larry.

Attachments

• Larry%20&%20Mary%20-%20Fuji%20Grill%20-%20Jan'11.JPG
    Larry%20&%20Mary%20-%20Fuji%20Grill%20-%20Jan'11.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,929
  • Larry%20in%20the%20office.JPG
    Larry%20in%20the%20office.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,933
Steve, just wanted to say thanks. I don't know you personally, but, I'm glad you're helping Mary with the sale. I only knew Larry a short period, but he was like a best friend. I went to track rental at Empire with Larry last October, this car is the real deal!! Larry and I met up in BG later that month had dinner, talked alot about getting the WNY turbo club up and running again. Anyway, thanks for helping out, I'm sure Mary appreciates it greatly. R.I.P. Larry... miss you my Buick brother.. Phil.

Hi Phil. I'm glad to help Mary any way i can. She and Larry were really close to me. Larry had mentioned your name to me a few times. This car needs a good home.

That's the guy!!! Sorry to hear the news...Just never know. Here one day, gone the next. Good luck with the sale Steve. Someone will be getting a car that was put together right with no corners cut.

Thfank you for helping his wife:cool:,very nice to see in this me me world.I sometimes think of who would help my wife liquidate all my stuff if something happened to me.Thanks again

Kevin