1986 GN, Astroroof, G80, etc. 89k miles

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I'm selling two cars. I will have two different posts for them.
I am posting details and pic for both. If you have Serious interest please let me know. (Tire kickers and picture collectors need not apply)

Here's the GN.

Clean KY title in my name, clean carfax. I am 3rd owner.
Asking $18k

Notable options: power everything, twilight sentinel, CSII, G80, CF5 Astroroof

Body: Stripped and painted in 2005. (It received the same treatment as the ttype I also have for sale- I just don't have pics since the painter was over 1 hour away. ) PPG Black; (This car has been garaged continuously since painted; New OEM GM weatherstrip; windows lightly tinted all around; aftermarket keyless entry installed; filled antenna hole; OEM GM Fillers; OEM GM astroroof weatherstrip; no emblems, new rubber gaskets for all door locks, aluminum bumper supports in front and rear; stay down license plate holder

Interior: Completely stripped, cleaned; sound deadener installed on floors and doors; new OEM GM Pallex material for front seat covers; new molded carpet; new shifter handle; Stock OEM radio CSII with equalizer; Kirbans anti rattle kit for windows; Kirbans power window mod; New cruise control stalk from Kirbans

*** You will notice that the dash has a carpeted cover. The top plate is fine and undamaged. I left it on the car because it keeps down the glare and protect the top plate in the sun, and I can stick the scanmaster under it would the need to glue it and it keeps the glare off the screen. I also added a steering wheel cover because I like the feel of a thicker wheel. The stock wheel is in excellent condition.

Trans: rebuilt by shop in SoCal; new flexplate, new stock D5 convertor; real Art Carr Shift kit. Shifts firm; brand new spicer u-joints, 1 piece drive shaft loop

Rear: Stock 3.42 G80 code posi, Rear flushed, inspected and filled with correct rear diff fluid

Engine: 89k. The following has been done: Rear main seal, front seal, header gaskets; new charcoal canister filter, anti-foul pcv, 160* stat with billet neck; 140amp alt with 2 and 4 gauge wires to ground and battery; 100lb valve springs from Kirban; double roller t-chain, billet cam button; hotwire kit, Walbro 340 fp, adjustable fpr, rail mounted fpr, IAC angle boss; 68 mm t/b; RJC t/b spacer; New Taylor 10.5 plug wires; ac delco plugs, mini starter, SMC Alky injection, KB intake, ls1 maf and translator, THDP, 3” electronic cutout; Ice Cold A/C r34; vacuum brake conversion, Earls SS front brake lines, 50lb MSD injectors, TT Alky chip, engine tie down strap

Suspension: Bilstein shocks all around, billet pinion snubber, stock springs, stock GN rims 245/60/15; rear seat bracing from Kirbans, front end bracing (triangle), Poly bushings up front, recent front end alignment, vacuum brake conversion

Issues: no rear speakers- I do have the new 6 x9 adapters still in the bag; radio reception is poor due to no antenna can be fixed with hidden antenna kit for around $20 or so; power seat removed in favor of a manual seat track saved 13 lbs- I have the working power seat to go with the car, Some small holes in rear section of original exhaust (sounds more gurgly, effects nothing)-still looks good and original. Radiator is original and car runs slightly warm if sitting in hot traffic too long – 190* or so. PO installed fan switch but I would probably swap in new rad if you were going to dd the car. Alky pump works but has been starting to act up intermittently- I planned on adding an alkycontrol unit or going to E85 but, I don’t drive the car much so none of these things have been an issue.

Extras: Car will come with 6x9 adapters for rear speakers, a set of correct Original Goodyear Eagle GT’s (raised white letter) tires, the original powermaster and newer, tested accumulator ball purchased from Kirban. I will also be including GM archive docs on this car and the build sheet.

GN pics 002.jpg
View attachment 254629
Angry Black in KY 018.jpg
Angry Black in KY 019.jpg
Angry Black in KY 021.jpg
Angry Black in KY 022.jpg

Last edited:
Not looking for any trades at this time. Need the cash.

Also, just noticed that both steering wheels have covers. They do not have any issues. I merely add the covers because I prefer a thicker wheel.

More pics added:
GN pics 003.jpg
GN pics 003.jpg
GN pics 005.jpg
GN pics 005.jpg
GN pics 004.jpg
GN pics 006.jpg
GN pics 007.jpg
GN pics 008.jpg
GN pics 009.jpg
GN pics 010.jpg
GN pics 011.jpg

Last edited:
I do not have access to a lift and I have a crappy camera. I have tried to get undercarriage pics but it all comes out blurry. There have never been any rust issues with either car. Both from SoCal and continuously garage kept.

Free bump. GLWS! However it works out I'd like to buy one of those drivers seats, preferably non power but I have the manual seat track. Thanks!

All Pm's answered. Anyone else have questions?
Probably going to ebay next week.
These cars have to go.

Just realized that the pics won't enlarge. I will have this corrected hopefully this evening. Sorry for the tiny pics.

By the way i know at 18 k its not for both but the pictures here are for the same car?? If not do you have the link to the other car???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other car is in another post. ...yet another car for sale... I thought I was clear at the beginning of the post. Maybe I need to re-check it when I have more time later.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for posting the link for me!

I asked Jay to correct the titles of the threads for me a few weeks ago and nothing has happened so I have to work with what I have. It's a little more confusing than I had anticipated. Sorry.

I guess this is a Monday bump.

Last edited: