1986 Buick Grand National

Status
Not open for further replies.

adowningusa

As much as it pains me to do this, my 1986 T-top Buick GN is on the selling block.

This car is easily 90% complete needing only front seats to make it a daily driver. The missing seats are a result of taking them to a place where... well never mind. They are gone.

As you can see from the pics, I went great strides to make sure the paint job was going onto a solid surface.

The engine compartment, interior, and trunk have all been throughly cleaned. Carpets have been replaced. Dash has the usual cracks by the speakers. I have a dash cover on it currently.

I haven't ran the engine hard since I believe the springs are the original GM's. I have a new set of Competition Cams ready for an install. I started it early in Dec of 2013 and let it run for 20 minutes or so. When I came out this morning to start it, there was a teaspoon or so of oil underneath it. I don't know if the rear main is dried out or just a flat spot since I don't start it every week or so during the winter.

I also have an E-85 chip and 60lb injectors from TT that will go along with it.

I have a lot in this car and know I won't get it all back, but as close as this thing is to being finished, coupled with the fact it's a low 80k vehicle, I won't be giving it away either.

Asking 9500 obo. Remember, this guy needs two seats, a possible rear main seal, and you are off and running with a great looking car. If you need more pics, let me know. Grand National 2.jpg Grand National 1.jpg Grand National 3.jpg Grand National 5.jpg Grand National 24.jpg Grand National 14.jpg Grand National 15.jpg DSC00709.JPG DSC00710.JPG DSC00713.JPG Grand National 2.jpg Grand National 1.jpg Grand National 3.jpg Grand National 5.jpg Grand National 24.jpg Grand National 14.jpg Grand National 15.jpg DSC00709.JPG DSC00710.JPG DSC00713.JPG

E-mail me with questions. Either on here or adowningusa@gmail.com

Thats a great deal for a car with less than 100k on the clock. Damn if this would have been for sale when i bought mine, lets just say I would own this one.

I have a set of bucket seats that could be recovered that are right for your car. I know sometimes potential buyers like to have parts lined up before buying. I'm located in Connecticut

I have a set of bucket seats that could be recovered that are right for your car. I know sometimes potential buyers like to have parts lined up before buying. I'm located in Connecticut

How much total and would you be interested in shipping them to 46065.

Update on the car...

Some people have been asking for pictures of blemishes and such. When I plowed out the approach to the barn to ready the car for someone to look at, I discovered something very disturbing, a rust spot.:mad:. I believe it is rust on the surface that has pushed a skim-coat of filler away. When I strip vehicles down to bare metal, I spray some acid etching primer on those areas. I don't know if I missed this area, or the guy who was helping me did, but it doesn't matter now. The damage is done.

As a result of that area, I am reducing the cost of the car to 9000 dollars.

I am sorry that I didn't wait to post this until I had more up to date pictures and apologize profusely to those who have looked at the car and thought it was rust free.

Seeing this rust now helps me understand even more why the GN belongs to someone who would drive it more often and not let it sit for months on end.

Alanphoto 1.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 2.JPG photo.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.