1986 Buick Grand National, STREET/STRIP

jimmag

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG All new parts only about 30 runs .A stock displacement 109 block. Forged rotating assembly. RJC Girdle ,Comp Cams 212/212 hydraulic roller. Champion ported irons,130lb valve springs,T&D roller rockers. Motor built by Carlquist Competition Engines , Oakville Ct. ARP studs & bolts.TA headers coated in and out and wrapped.GN1 Stainless 3" dual exhaust. Precision 69lb injectors, Precision 67mm ball bearing turbo ,Champion dog house and 70mm throttle body .RJC power plate. Walbro dual 240 gpm fuel pump. TR Custom Parts Canton oil filter and turbo saver.TR Custom Parts Big mouth cold air intake. Meziere 55 gpm electric water pump. Billet aluminum pulleys.
C/K billet 2004r trans built by Otto Pernek, Driveshaft Shop aluminum driveshaft,3.73 Eaton posi,H&R Parts N Stuff super sway bar and adjustable upper control arms H&R poly trans and cross member mounts. Calvert 90/10 shocks.
M/T skinnies up front and M/T 275/60/15 dr's on the rear
XFI/Fast ecu. . Roll cage by JW Racing-Fabrication Seymour Ct
many extra parts ,set of four street wheels and tires, front faring etc.
car set up for THS and chassis for 8.50. best time to date 9.98@137
$20,0000 call Jim Maguire @ 203-996-8450
jimmaguire@jpmaguire.com

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 379
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 386
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Serious buyer, need to know about the body, and if a/c works, I believe I contacted you on ebay, but it am just very weary of buying on ebay, lots of crooks, being that you are a TB member changes things.
I'm looking for a non rust no issue street strip fighter that I can drive to the grocery store, al, I want to do is put in gas, change oil wash etc... Don't want I car that isn't reliable, if you can send me or post more pictures... Undercarriage etc , I'll give you a call today
Trainerdave1@comcast.met

Serious buyer, need to know about the body, and if a/c works, I believe I contacted you on ebay, but it am just very weary of buying on ebay, lots of crooks, being that you are a TB member changes things.
I'm looking for a non rust no issue street strip fighter that I can drive to the grocery store, al, I want to do is put in gas, change oil wash etc... Don't want I car that isn't reliable, if you can send me or post more pictures... Undercarriage etc , I'll give you a call today
Trainerdave1@comcast.met
I think every Turbo Buick owner wishes just to put gas, change oil and wash.. If your wanting reliable buy a honda, not a TurboBuick. This car is done right with good parts and a good deal. If your new to the Buick world and looking for a 9 sec. Street car your going to break something. Just a matter of time. Start with a mild/ stock car learn how to work on them, then build it yourself...

X2! Or better yet buy one of the new cars out with 600 hp AND a factory warranty. TB's are not for the faint of heart, or wallet!:cool:

I think every Turbo Buick owner wishes just to put gas, change oil and wash.. If your wanting reliable buy a honda, not a TurboBuick. This car is done right with good parts and a good deal. If your new to the Buick world and looking for a 9 sec. Street car your going to break something. Just a matter of time. Start with a mild/ stock car learn how to work on them, then build it yourself...
I I happen to have a 900rwhp+ hp dodge viper(averages 10.40's and has been well over 200 mph , (broken 3 halfshafts etc) fixed everything myself, the car is a mint rare ACR only taken to the track 2 times , and is now retired, why? because I don't want to break anything else, it is inevitable, and im putting it back to stock.
This is the whole reason why im getting another car, I love GN's, never owned one, ive owned 5 corvettes but got rid of my 06 Z because the LS7 motors are shit, the have valve train issues and owners are blowing motors driving normal
BTW Two of my vettes ran in the 9's and I grenaded one motor, lost count of how many built trannys. I currently also own an 7 second fully built busa, it is RCC ultra kit equipped gt 35rDBB 450 rwhp on on pump 20lbs of boost , 500 on C16 (can take it to 40 as I have a microtech 4 bar, along with ecu, PC5(only for timing) and ams 1000. but even my though the motor is bult for 600+ I don't want to break, I have a McIntosh pro aluminum arm inches over R&d tranny, haines clutch, and guess what I snapped the rear axle bolt off the 1st week I got the bike back , had to have a custom made one, by terry.

I wont get into the 8.80 408 procharged Fox I had and drove on the street.

you are talking to me like im some waxer who goes to car shows, what I want is a car that is not broken when I buy it, ive broken allot of cars, getting parts for a GN is not even half the cost, of what a broken viper or even busa cost, and much more simple t simple to fix.
Frankly this is the 1st post on this forum somebody has irritated me on this forum, im 37 years old and have been a track rat since I was 17, so no im far beyond anything mild thank you, and am well aware what big power does.

I don't know your critera is for buying a car, but I don't buy anything broke, would you?, WHEN I break it I fix it, so although I appreciate your advise, I really don't need it.

X2! Or better yet buy one of the new cars out with 600 hp AND a factory warranty. TB's are not for the faint of heart, or wallet!:cool:
you obviously never driven a high horse Viper, or Busa, or a modded fox that drags its bumper (which trys to kill you every second), ive been looking for the GN I will buy soon, have driven my fare share of fast GN's in my past, for me they are very pleasant to drive, the other cars machines I own or owned will rattle the caps in your teeth, ona high HP turbo bike, if you don't have a helmet on, drive very slow because half throttle is VERY painful.

can you guy please stay on topic, I am trying to buy a car, I had one locked up, yes in was a low 10 car, but the owner couldn't part with it, and I don't blame him.

Been there done that, I don't like cars with Nannys, or high car payment, I have zero car payments and I like old school, do you think my bike is for that faint of heart? hahahah

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I want to do is put in gas, change oil wash etc...
Trainerdave1@comcast.met
This was the part of your post that caught my eye. Wasn't trying to belittle you or anything of the sort. Just pointing out that 9 sec. GN's are hardly ever "set and forget" type of cars. (12 sec. one's either for that matter). Enjoy the car if you buy it, either way it's not my concern! Cheers!

I I happen to have a 900rwhp+ hp dodge viper(averages 10.40's and has been well over 200 mph , (broken 3 halfshafts etc) fixed everything myself, the car is a mint rare ACR only taken to the track 2 times , and is now retired, why? because I don't want to break anything else, it is inevitable, and im putting it back to stock.
This is the whole reason why im getting another car, I love GN's, never owned one, ive owned 5 corvettes but got rid of my 06 Z because the LS7 motors are shit, the have valve train issues and owners are blowing motors driving normal
BTW Two of my vettes ran in the 9's and I grenaded one motor, lost count of how many built trannys. I currently also own an 7 second fully built busa, it is RCC ultra kit equipped gt 35rDBB 450 rwhp on on pump 20lbs of boost , 500 on C16 (can take it to 40 as I have a microtech 4 bar, along with ecu, PC5(only for timing) and ams 1000. but even my though the motor is bult for 600+ I don't want to break, I have a McIntosh pro aluminum arm inches over R&d tranny, haines clutch, and guess what I snapped the rear axle bolt off the 1st week I got the bike back , had to have a custom made one, by terry.

you are talking to me like im some waxer who goes to car shows, what I want is a car that is not broken when I buy it, ive broken allot of cars, getting parts for a GN is not even half the cost, of what a broken viper or even busa cost, and much more simple t simple to fix.
Frankly this is the 1st post on this forum somebody has irritated me on this forum, im 37 years old and have been a track rat since I was 17, so no im far beyond anything mild thank you, and am well aware what big power does.

I don't know your critera is for buying a car, but I don't buy anything broke, would you?, WHEN I break it I fix it, so although I appreciate your advise, I really don't need it.
Sorry to hurt your feelings. But all your fancy newer cars are not a 28 year old cars. The word reliable really doesn't go with TurboBuick. Never said u didn't know anything about cars.. Just trying to give a 1st time turbobuick owner the truth about these cars.

Op , great deal on a nice thought out build. Shouldn't last long.

This was the part of your post that caught my eye. Wasn't trying to belittle you or anything of the sort. Just pointing out that 9 sec. GN's are hardly ever "set and forget" type of cars. (12 sec. one's either for that matter). Enjoy the car if you buy it, either way it's not my concern! Cheers!
I understand, you just mistook what I was saying, i know things are going to break, but what i was trying to say is that i don't want any car with existing issues, i know ill break something along the line, but the money isn't exactly rolling in right now and im injured, i cant even drive my car or bike right now, they are very brutal, and in know way sleepers, i also have a passion for GN's, i have never owned one, its the final car on my bucket list(that i can afford)

as far as parts, do you know the heads alone on my viper cost me 8 grand?, those were the good days before the market crashed, god i wish i could go back in time , i could never afford that now, not even close.

Sorry to hurt your feelings. But all your fancy newer cars are not a 28 year old cars. The word reliable really doesn't go with TurboBuick. Never said u didn't know anything about cars.. Just trying to give a 1st time turbobuick owner the truth about these cars.

Op , great deal on a nice thought out build. Shouldn't last long.
i don't think a 15 year old car is exactly new, but my fox was a 89 notch ,i prefer nothing fancy or new (I sense some envy and sarcasm which i have never , ever seen on this board ,and you are correct about the OP(which you have managed to mess up his thread for somebody who is ready to buy)
i am a serious non lowballer buyer with cash in hand.

There is no high hp car regardless of the make in the world that is a "set and forget" this is why build quality and tuning are so important, it makes it less painful .

Last edited:
Agreed. The faster you want to go, the less reliable these cars become.

Free bump for a nice car for sale. This thread seems to be taking an abrupt turn away from the business at hand. I think that is a lot of car for the money. Good luck with the sell!

Then why would you have written something so stupid. If this were true you would know that their is no such thing as a car that runs 9's and just needs gas/oil/wash... LMFAO

Then why would you have written something so stupid. If this were true you would know that their is no such thing as a car that runs 9's and just needs gas/oil/wash... LMFAO
Oh geez are you from the corvette forum ? :cry:,(have to be) only people from there try and start crap, this is a sale thread BTW one of my 5 vettes was a black 01Z full tilt cartek car, your numbers are low and your car is boring, vettes are like Aholes...everybody has one, stay out of this thread (and read post #12 and 14) before you go away and further mess up this sellers thread, that is unless you are looking to buy , as I am.