1986 245 hp not 235

nomods

I own an 86.......I have always been told 235hp. and 87 245hp. I have never found any info to show what differance was. That is until I watched u tube video. Title of video buick grand national facts. It is 42:37 in length and is presented by Ron Yuille SAME HP FOR 86 & 87. go to 17:15. - 19:00. have a nice day

Interesting video. Learned a little history there.

I own an 86.......I have always been told 235hp. and 87 245hp. I have never found any info to show what differance was. That is until I watched u tube video. Title of video buick grand national facts. It is 42:37 in length and is presented by Ron Yuille SAME HP FOR 86 & 87. go to 17:15. - 19:00. have a nice day
They dont make that hp regardless of year.
Have a nice day

The actual HP is different than the marketing hype just like the late ‘60’s early ‘70’s.
The literature said 235hp/ 335tq for ‘86 and 245hp/ 345tq for ‘87, however, when Kenny-bell and ATR did their baseline runs they came up with 265hp. They didn’t list tq numbers.
The difference was marketing gimmick. You act like you’ve never heard of fake news before. Lol

OMG I KNOW IT WAS A MARKETING PLOY DA. THE FACT IS EVERYONE THINKS THE 87 HAD MORE HP. AND YES I KNOW THE REAL HP WAS MORE DA

OMG I KNOW IT WAS A MARKETING PLOY. DAH. THE FACT IS EVERYONE THINKS THE 87 HAD MOR HP. AND YES I KNOW THE HP WAS UNDER RATED DAH

I worked with Ron Yuille around 2009. He saw some model GN’s in my office and we hit it off. He had so many cool stories! Very cool dude.

OMG I KNOW IT WAS A MARKETING PLOY DA. THE FACT IS EVERYONE THINKS THE 87 HAD MORE HP. AND YES I KNOW THE REAL HP WAS MORE DA

My apologies. My response was a little tongue and cheek but I don’t think it came across that way.
Most only know what they read in the literature.
I bought my car new and was the same way until I went to the GS Nationals and found out differently.