1985 Buick Regal T-Type Exhaust Replacement

lewisd

IMG_3921.jpg
IMG_3923.jpg

Rear of Cat.jpg
Front of Cat.jpg

Good Evening all - I need some help with an Exhaust system replacement. I purchased the Pypes Performance SGG50R (2 1/2" Pipe) exhaust system knowing that it had a 4 bolt flange on the front of the Y Pipe and my OLD Catalytic converter had a 2 bolt flange. Tried like crazy to get a Test Pipe but couldn't find one. I was told by someone that the Monte Carlo SS Cat had a 4 Bolt Flange Front & Rear so I purchased one. When I set them side by side, the Monte Carlo Cat was approximately 4" shorter than the existing Catalytic Converter which had me wondering if the Pypes Exhaust Systems Y Pipe would be too Short. Please see the pictures I've attached. Does anyone know where I can find a discounted Pypes Performance Cat Delete Test Pipe? I think the part number is PVC10. I've tried everywhere. Thanks for your help! Stay Safe!

Does the cat have the proper flanges on both ends, just too short?

I think I would hang the Pypes exhaust, measure from the 4 bolt flange to your downpipe and make the cat the same length by adding some 409 SS pipe. MIG weld with 308 SS wire for rust free longevity.

What size is the Pypes downpipe?

Does the cat have the proper flanges on both ends, just too short?

I think I would hang the Pypes exhaust, measure from the 4 bolt flange to your downpipe and make the cat the same length by adding some 409 SS pipe. MIG weld with 308 SS wire for rust free longevity.

What size is the Pypes downpipe?

The New Cat appears to have the proper flanges at each end. All of the exhaust pipes are 2.5 inches in diameter. I was thinking it might be easier to add 4 inch pipe extensions to the back end of the Y-Pipe (Mid pipe) if moving the Y-Pipe forward doesn't change where the pipes cross over the rear of the transmission or drive shaft. Without new 4 inch flanges its impossible to make a spacer to connect the downpipe to the front of the catalytic converter. Thoughts???

The New Cat appears to have the proper flanges at each end. All of the exhaust pipes are 2.5 inches in diameter. I was thinking it might be easier to add 4 inch pipe extensions to the back end of the Y-Pipe (Mid pipe) if moving the Y-Pipe forward doesn't change where the pipes cross over the rear of the transmission or drive shaft. Without new 4 inch flanges its impossible to make a spacer to connect the downpipe to the front of the catalytic converter. Thoughts???

My thought was to cut the cat and add the section in.

Are you wanting to have a cat and a test pipe?

Well - If I have to install a Cat I want to do it in the least difficult way. If I could buy the test Pipe - I'd remove the Cat completely because the car is registered on historic plates and isn't subject to inspection in NJ

Well - If I have to install a Cat I want to do it in the least difficult way. If I could buy the test Pipe - I'd remove the Cat completely because the car is registered on historic plates and isn't subject to inspection in NJ

PM sent.