1985 Buick GN 6.0/4L80

Ok, I have just seen an electrical module on an 4L80e before where the shift linkage would go. I have a B&M Quicksilver in the car already so I should not have too many issues getting the linkage worked out.

These vents don't seem like a whole lot, but when the electric fans come on... Whoa! Couldn't figure out a way to get heat out from under the hood, this was a great idea by a buddy of mine who does really great body work.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I also would like to know what Engine mounts and Trans Cross member you used and was everything just drop in?

I also would like to know what Engine mounts and Trans Cross member you used and was everything just drop in?

everything is from www.brphotrods.com, including the headers. a friend of mine did the installation, but i believe it was as "drop in" as any kit can be. they had some concerns about the 4l80 tranny and crossmember, but we didn't run into any problems, headers worked great too. Solid kit, highly recommend giving them a call if you have any questions.

Thanks. I have that kit as my #1 option. I was hoping you were going to say you used that kit. It's a bit pricey but I have no problem paying up for something I know there are no fitment issues with.

Did your passenger side coils fit with the AC box? Do you have the black heat shield still in place that's held in with the little 7mm's?

Thanks. I have that kit as my #1 option. I was hoping you were going to say you used that kit. It's a bit pricey but I have no problem paying up for something I know there are no fitment issues with.

Did your passenger side coils fit with the AC box? Do you have the black heat shield still in place that's held in with the little 7mm's?

the engine fit without any issues, didn't have to relocate anything, coils fit fine, removed the heatshield since turbo went, but it would have fit fine too

Here's a better photo of the ac/coil clearance with the BRP kit. Photo was taken pre supercharger (with old stock radiator)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    958.4 KB · Views: 224
Amazing car. Well done.

What accessory brackets did you use?

The Corvette style or the truck ones...?

Whose radiator and fans did you go with? Those wheels are just bad ass and the stance is perfect. I don't think you can put a prettier wheel on a Regal!