1985 Buick GN 6.0/4L80

I am interested in Ac setup as well, like is it a kit or a one off set up? Doing one of these later this year.

Beautiful car. Mine has a 6.0 with truck manifolds backwards pointing at a hair dryer. It was cheap and fun, check out my build thread if you need ideas.

AHH!!! palm trees, Whataburger, and a slam chevy truck on the background reminded me of My birth place The Rio Grande Valley, Nice looking car, how bout slapping a turbo any plans for that

Wally looks like in the 1st pictures you posted the car is an 86/87 year model due to the 3rd brake light and split front air dams. Car does look nice.

In your first picture, there is a Chevy pick up behind your Buick. Is it yours? Is it for sale? Thanks

It's been a while since I've given an update, work has been busy, but the GN project is going well. A Procharger unit was installed on the 6.0 and I'm still working on getting all the bugs out of the system. Along with the install came another fuel pump, injectors, radiator, fans, hi-amp alternator and a bunch of other small items. I'm learning a lot, including how to work a bit w/ HP-Tuners. Here are some photos of the car before the supercharger got dropped in, the car is currently up on jack stands in my garage, I will post updated engine photos sometime this week it should be back on the road by then.
14017405409_8254a25ef3_o.jpg
14017434450_acf9ab7df8_o.jpg
14180933056_487dc0f058_o.jpg
14180933356_3d88e17431_o.jpg
14201577542_ef0a9d6067_o.jpg
14204069295_c1512d1b53_o.jpg

Plenty of tuners in the rgv area that tune ls trucks, I'm sure they could help you out. If not I know of a tuner in corpus christi

How is the 4L80E configured? Is it a mechanical gear selector or electronic, want to put one in my car when I do a LS swap just want to know how it is put together and what is needed.

Here are a couple of photos of the setup as of this morning, little bugs here and there, but I'm really enjoying the car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
How is the 4L80E configured? Is it a mechanical gear selector or electronic, want to put one in my car when I do a LS swap just want to know how it is put together and what is needed.

Blackbuick1987, there is a linkage that goes to the tranny, but it is an electronically controlled transmission, puts the "e" in 4L80E