1984 Riviera aluminum alternator mount bracket

Parkave777

I am looking for this mounting bracket. My alternator bolt was frozen and tried everything to get it looses. In process of trying to remove it the bracket snapped. If anyone has one please let me know. Need to get alternator changed out asap as I need to get car moved from where it is.

I sold the last one I had to a forum member here back in February. pic below is for reference for anyone else that may have one in the parts stash. GM 25516691 (aka 25515220 before May 1, 1985). could call local GM dealer parts rep to run both part #'s for a dealer search in the US network. perhaps one on a shelf collecting dust but most likely pulled and scrapped since discontinued in 1997. I ran the #'s and did not find anything.

suggest you look into having the broken bracket welded. it is aluminum. for a real weldery shop, it's not a problem. may be a means to a quicker resolution.

Attachments

• P1030872.JPG
    P1030872.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Thank you for this information. I did have one look and where the bracket is broken they said it was non repairable. :-(

a junkyard database search may have found one...

listed as 1984 buick regal alternator bracket...part reference # C56

bracket part # is also to fit Buick Lesabre Wagon, Estate Wagon, Regal, Lesabre, Riviera, and Skylark

CALL: Wilmington Auto Wrecking​

1817 East M Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
Phone: 1-310-847-1300
Fax: 1-310-847-6973

contact link website => Wilmington Auto Wrecking | Wilmington, CA

AND

post this request in the parts wanted section of this forum

AND

join the facebook Buick GN parts wanted private group and post the parts wanted info there as well to reach more folks. and Bison's FB group and the TurboFarm guys (Chicagoland) -----four links below

Buick Grand National and T-type parts for sale or wanted | Facebook

Buick Grand National Tech | Facebook

Buick Grand National | Facebook

TurboFarmLog into Facebook

maybe reach out to Richard Clark as well. probably has one in the boneyard out back... Richard Clark's Garage

hopefully this all gets you on your way to finding a replacement

Thanks for the help, have requested membership in the groups and hopefully something works out. Will call about the part you found tomorrow. Greatly appreciate the help.

excellent. someone's got an extra one - just a bit of a quest to find who and where.

@Grumpy - Dan do you have one of these brackets at the farm house for this guy?

member Intercooled88s may also have one in his pole barn stash. reach out to Bob via email: fortune628 at aol dot com. spelled out the email in attempt to throw off the bots, lol.

Jay, thanks for the kind words.

suggest you look into having the broken bracket welded. it is aluminum. for a real weldery shop, it's not a problem. may be a means to a quicker resolution.
x2 on the repair. Probably not less than a franklin but not impossible for a decent weldor and his tig, just have to find the "right" one to do it.