1984 Monte Carlo SS, 87k, RUST FREE..Project Car

wordy1

I am getting me a Turbo Regal! So my Monte needs to go.. :(.. Just don't have the room..

I am the 3rd owner, and have had it since 2001. Was always garaged and never driven in snow. It has never been hit. I can provide the VIN if someone wishes to run a Carfax.

Currently its a roller, but I have EVERYTHING to put the car back together, see below..

Its Med. Blue Metallic exterior and Med. Blue Buckets w/ console inside. Heavily optioned car. PW, PL, tilt, cruise rear defogger.

It has 87k on the body. And there is NO RUST on the body or frame. There are a couple dings in the driver's side rear quarter panel from stuff rolling around in the trunk, and a ding in the hood, VERY MINOR. Floors are solid, as is trunk pan.

Hood, roof, trunk lid, and passenger side have been repainted. Was preparing to paint the rest of the car this spring, but it is presentable as is. Still has all the original decals and emblems. Was a NMCOA award winner in 2004. and previously in 1998 and 1999.

Susp. is mostly stock. Has new shocks and springs in the rear. Fronts are fine, and the center link has been replaced. Brakes are in good shape all around.. However, during transport on one of those car dollies the passenger side spindle got bent. I have a spindle to replace it. I also have a NEW brake booster thats has the correct Cadmium plating, cost me $250.
It has the stock wheels (in great shape) with the factory trim rings. It will need tires..

Interior is decent. Carpet is "usable", no rips or tears. I was planning on replacing it though. Seats are original with no rips and are in great shape. All the rest of the trim is in great shape. Console is in good shape too including the arm rest. Which is always a problem on these cars. Will need a new ashtray as it got dropped during transport. Headliner was replaced along with re-upholstered visors. Back seat has a bit of fading on the top of the seat from sitting outside last summer, but if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't notice it.

The dash has some cracks, but I have a COMPLETE dash that goes with the car. Has the factory guage package and all the guages work. I will include Memphis speakers for the front and rear and a Clarion head unit with a 6-disk CD changer along with a PPI art series amp and capacitor. Really great sounding stuff and you can't find any of this anymore.

Running with a stock drivetrain I would estimate this to be a $3000-$4000 car as-is.

The value in this car is in the drivetrain. It was pulled from a 1979 Monte back in 2008. Engine, trans, and rear end all have under 10k.

Engine is a 350 ZZ4 with a Holley 750 cfm carb. Full headers with custom exhaust and hi-flow convertors. Its not a "stock" ZZ4, it is the cast block though, 4-bolt main, aluminum heads. Everything has been upgraded, all at a professional shop. The motor has $6000+ in receipts. Its been so long I don't know all the details off hand, but I have all the papework and receipts.

In the 79 Monte it ran mid 12's on pump gas, but it was never raced competitively or abused. It has under 10k and is fully broken in. I drove it home from Florida and it got 22 mpg and it ran perfectly and runs on pump gas and is VERY drivable. I have the complete dyno sheet. Its rated at 385 HP and 513 Ft./Lbs. All accessories are in good shape. A/C worked perfectly and blew ice cold. Comes with a nice engine stand.

I have electric fans and a radiator out of a Trans AM that goes with the car as well as I was planning on using a serpentine set-up. I also have the Accel ignition that came with it as well as an MSD igition. You can have both. I also have an extra distributor, carburetor (from another project), and a NEW starter and alternator.

Trans is a completely rebuilt and upgraded TH-700R4. It shifted very nice and firm. It has a billet servo used in a 1999 corvette. Also has a custom tranny crossmember to make room for the exhaust. Convertor is a performance 2800 stall. Comes with a B & M shifter and trans cooler with deeper pan. Have $4000 in receipts for the trans as well.

Rear end is a 8.5" axle with 3.73 Richmond gears, an Auburn posi carrier, and Moser axles. Everything is new, cost the previous owner over $2000.

It was a "spared no expense" situation. He just paid to have everything done and didn't care what it cost. The receipts are for the actual parts only.

I haven't done anything on this car since '08 and it deserves to be with someone who can complete it.

I have tons of extra parts and everything I don't need goes with the car.

I can provide pictures if there is any interest, but the car is in storage and it would be difficult at the moment. I can get more specific if needed as to the driveline components as I do have all the receipts.

Bottom line is that I have EVERYTHING to put this car together and a lot of extra parts you can sell to pay for a repaint or re-do the interior.

Anyone who knows me here knows the caliber of cars I have owned and that I am honest describing everything I sell.

I WILL NOT part this car out so don't ask. Yes I know I can get considerably more by doing so, but these parts are meant to be on this car. Once it gets warmer and I have the room at my mechanic's garage to install the engine etc. and the price will be going up. And once I'm done it won't be for sale again. Here's you chance to get a great project car with everything that was meant to be in a monte.

$5000 FIRM for everything!

Will sell as a roller with the 8.5" 3.73 axle for $2500, $2000 with stock axle.

(440) 409-8566
eventhorizonspeakers@yahoo.com

PICS TO FOLLOW!

Sorry, didn't get a chance to post them here, sale pending... if anything changes I will put them up..