1983 turbo interchange on 1979

Hafrod

Guys, I have a complete top end from a 1983 Turbo Regal. I have read that the 83 turbo housing is bigger/better than my stock 1979 one. Not sure if the housing means the aluminum part or the cast iron part though. Will the 83 housing bolt onto my 79 turbo? The 83 turbo is seized from outside exposure. The hood was off car for about a year. My 79 turbo is in good usable shape. That's why I thought about changing the housing. I can have the 83 turbo rebuilt if nothing interchanges though

The '83 turbine housing (cast iron) has a tighter scroll and .63 A/R it's more desirable over the '79 .82 A/R. It will swap right in as long as your able to remove it from the turbo.

So is the turbo center section the same between the two? Would you swap parts or rebuild? I'd like any bolt on performance I can get with stock parts.

Take a look at the link I posted above. You'll see the center sections are the same.

Have turbo works make you a t3 t4 Hybrid I have one works great.it is basically a ta 49 turbo.he goes by junkbrick on the site.