1983 T Type

I don't know if you can or not but unless you do a lot more it probably won't help much. The turbo just sits on top of the intake manifold and has a draw through carburetor. I had one and 0-60 times were something like 12 seconds.

If I didn't sit and idle for a few minutes after driving when i'd get about 50 yards from the car it would backfire. I'm guessing the turbo was spinning down and pushing a fuel air mixture into the shut down engine.

There are no direct replacement aftermarket turbo, but you can have you stocker modified. You have the housings machined and larger impellers installed. If you want to go this route, I suggest contacting Reed Patridge at Work Turbochargers.
www.workturbochargers.com

There's is also plenty of other things to do before upgrading the turbo. You should consider installing boost and knock gauges. Once you tune away all the knock, you can increase the boost. The stock turbo is set at 9 psi max, but can easily go to 15 or more (if not knocking).

You might want to look over the "Before Black: section of this message board. :)

I'd swap it out to an 86/87 harness and setup. That 83 should be carbureted, i believe. 84+ got fuel injection. 86+ got intercoolers. You'll be way happier in the long run, but it'll cost more.

I'd swap it out to an 86/87 harness and setup. . . . . You'll be way happier in the long run, but it'll cost more.
Not trying to be an asshat but that's not totally accurate. I am guilty of similar type feedback and have to remind myself that not everyone is looking for faster than 11 seconds.