1983 Monte SC, 21K, Showroom NEW, Show Winner..

wordy1

Details:
-I am the 2nd owner, bought at an estate sale of a 92 year old grandmother who only drove the car to church amd the doctor. Never seen rain or snow, always garage kept. The car had plastic on the carpetting and according to the family the passenger seat and back seat were never sat in.
-21k Original Pampered Miles, Motor has been tuned up with all new fluids and has always had its oil changed every 6 months.
-Paint Color is Light Briar Brown Metallic with a Dk. Briar Brown Metallic Vinyl Top. Paint is completely original, there were a few minor touch-ups on the paint when I bought the car, one on the rear bumper, and one touch-up on the front fender, both touch-ups were done well and does not deter from the overall presentation of the car. Paint still shines like new. There are no dings/dents anywhere and absolutely no rust.
-Interior is Dark Brown.. There are no flaws anywhere, looks factory new, headliner is original and looks perfect. Still has that NEW car smell and the seats and carpetting still have that sheen that these cars only had when new... One of the nicest original interiors of any monte I've seen..

Drivetrain:
-305 V8 LG4, TH-250C trans, 2.29 rear end ratio..

Options:
-A/C, (which is currently not working, I had it recharged at a reputable shop and it got warm on the way to a car show., I would assume that it would just need a recahrge, but I have a NOS compressor if it needs to be replaced in like new condition)
-Cruise (works beautifully)
-55/45 split bench, w/ 6-way power seat.
-AM/FM stereo (sounds very good for a stock radio)
-Wire locking hubcaps (Like new)

Car can be considered to be 100% factory original except for:
-Battery (replaced with an AC Delco)
-Power Brake Booster (I sent it out to have it dipped in the correct Cadmium coating, it looks better than showroom new.)

It still has the original tires (which I would replace if you want to drive it more often). I have all the factory documentation and build sheet.

2004,2005 NMCOA Nats 1st place in its class 78-88 Non-SS, and Top 4 (in no particular order) at the 2006 Nats in Class #3 1978-1999 non-SS.

I'd consider the car to be amounst the nicest original examples of a 4th Generation Monte Carlo. This is one of those once in a lifetime finds, and I really do hate to see it go, just have too many cars and not enough room. I will not sell unless I know it is going to a good home, please do NOT contact me unless you want to modify this car or hot rod it.. I will not respond..

Asking Price, $10,000 Firm..., $9,500 to a NMCOA member it will go up once I get the A/C working correctly and install new tires.

Car has appraised for and is insured for $12,000..

Here's a pic from last years Nationals, if I find more I'll be sure to post them..

http://www.montecarloclub.com/2006 Monte Nationals Page 11/p11-10.JPG

The only stipulation I would have is that the car needs to be kept original and I would hope to see it at the NMCOA Nats on a regular basis. Also, I would like to be contacted to have the opportunity to rebuy the car should the new owner wish to sell it.

PM me for more details and my phone number shouls you wish to talk.

Once the weather warms up I will remove it from storage to take some pics, and if you are serious about buying and wish to view in person, the car is located in my garage in Urbana, IL ..

Anyone who has seen the car in person, I would appreciate it if you chime in to verify the condition of the car.. Thanks for looking.

Some additional info any pics..

Here are a few pics of the car I took today..

My Public Shoebox pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Should anyone need any additional photos or information about the car, please feel free to ask..

I forgot to mention in the original post that it has a Tilt steering wheel, its too late to edit :(..

The minor paint touch-ups can sorta be seen in the pics, (again on the drivers side front fender on the top edge and on the rear bumper on the passenger side under the long chrome strip. The minor imperfection on the chrome section of the turn signal lever can also be sorta seen in the pics. As stated earlier, these are very minor defects that probably only I know about. The superficial scratches on the drivers side door sill plate cannot be seen too well, but as I said these have not been polished and I am sure they will polish out very nicely, they are very shiny and in good condition.

Car shows exactly 20740 miles. I can take a pic of the build sheet, factory owners manual and any and all documentation in regards to the car.. For anyone who may notice, the car does not have the factory RPO code sticker under the trunk lid, not sure why, I've never seen another original Monte without it. After talking to the family of the original owner, the car never had it from new, there was never any damage to the trunk lid in anyway, and I am as 99.99% confident that its the original trunk lid..

Also, I'd like to mention that the discoloration under the doors is not rust, there is no rust anywhere on the car, its merely the Thermoguard undercoating that got sprayed under the doors.. I didn't go to the painstaking lengths to remove it all, but it can hardly be seen unless you are looking from under the door.

I did not mention it intitally, but all the weatherstripping throughout is supple and has been treated as well. No need to replace any of it.. Again, thanks for looking.. I just hope that this car can find a good home.