1982 Grand National on eBay

that needs a ton of work..
So what? If it's truly a turbo '82, it's worthy of resurrection. Considering it's now 32 years old, it really doesn't look too bad to me. I see 10 year old cars all the time that are more ragged then this GN.

So what? If it's truly a turbo '82, it's worthy of resurrection. Considering it's now 32 years old, it really doesn't look too bad to me. I see 10 year old cars all the time that are more ragged then this GN.
Oh yeah, I'd love to buy it myself. I'm just sayin' its gonna suck thousands getting it fixed. His reserve is too high

She's more my age than any of you guys. So, whoever wins the bidding on the car, send me the girl ;)

I do say this jokingly....

All of these cars are expensive to play with. Are there the resources available to cherry out this car? All I've owned are '87s but in my old age I'm more into rarer weirdly optioned Buicks, especially Limiteds. It would be thousands to bring back, but what isn't thousands with these cars? If I bought this thing, I would have a GN once more in the stable (if it's real) You b4b guys: thoughts please!

Oh yeah, I'd love to buy it myself. I'm just sayin' its gonna suck thousands getting it fixed. His reserve is too high
Pardon me for being a dumbazz, but how do you find out what the reserve is, before I bid on it?

ppbbshhh.... This is a fantastic car... id be all over it if i was G body guy. You rarely see carb turbo cars this decent.

I think thats part of the reason carb turbo cars get such a bad rap.... there are like none decently solid cars to even start on. just problem childs that have passed hands 5 billion times.

The bidding made it to $4250, but reserve wasn't met. I had my brother check it out as car is in Tucson. Was kinda rough, but no worse then my 87, cosmetically. Being upside down on 1 TR, couldn't see being upside down on two, as it cost just as much to paint an 82 as it would to paint an 87, and then still not fetch more money then 5/6K.
I was prepared to go to 5/6K until I read every pertinant post here and the b4b sites and any links. If I was a rich man, sure... However, it looks like the car was essentially all there, and after about 15 minutes it would warm up and idle by itself. My brother, who's not really that much of a car guy, said it didn't look like anyone had been messing around with it, and looked the same way it did when it left the factory; wiring not cut up, mods that didn't look like they needed to be there. I still don't know what the guy wants for it, but if anyone's interested, PM me and I'll get you his info. Cheers and enjoyed learning about B4B!

I asked him what his reserve was and he refused to tell me. Then decided to put me down because i said if he wouldn't tell me then he was asking way to much for it. My guess is he is probably wanting close to 20k for it.

I first came across this car in 1999 from San Jose California. It had 57,000 miles then, so it has not really been driven since. Form then, it's received a new paint job that the Arizona sun has done a number on. The sides look good, but the top is dead - I wonder if it can be saved? The motor in 1999 was a replacement, but they still had the original, which appears to have been rebuilt & reinstalled. It's lost the wheels and front air dam since 1999, but otherwise this is a very complete car. The wheels are easy to find, the air dam will be tough. G body parts is supposed to have original style front filler panels very soon for the 1981-83.

It's rough, but complete. Seems most '82 GN's need a lot of work, especially interior and paint, neither if which held up well. New interior and paint alone often exceed the cars value.

I know they aren't super fast, but they look great, have T Tops and make great cruisers. They can perform decently if you tweak them a little. If you want to restore an '82 GN, might as well be a turbo version. :)

FuzzyGN just sent this to me. It's a '82 Turbo GN that I haven't come across before.

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5018075638.html
Very rare find - 1982 Buick Regal National Sport Coupe with a V6 turbo 3.8 (AKA 82 Turbo GN). Garaged most of its life with only 54,558 original miles. Excellent inside and out. Call

00f0f_9NAJcY8c6nw_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
This too will be for sale for quite some time. I talked to the wife who told me "someone said it should be worth about 25 to 30,000 bucks." I am not sure a GNX of similar wear would be worth the same sum. Maybe she was off by a zero? Anyway, looks complete. I like the "excellent" dent :rolleyes: