1982 Grand National on eBay

b4black

$T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPFrBR0QQYn68Q~~60_3[1].jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41749f2248&vxp=mtr

:)

Craigslist, Canton OH
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4290695174.html

his car is 214 of the 215 made I have put a lot of new parts in the motor this year New timing chain,New cam shift,New lifters,New oil pump,New tires,New battery,New carburetor. New starter,New radiator,New heater blower motor,New wiper motor. the car still needs some work

the carburetor is going to need adjusted. it runs a little ruff when it is cold but when it warms up it runs good

there is a bolt missing on the muffler pipe that go to the engine 30.00 fix

the car will need bumper filters front and back there is some rust on the car but not much the drivers door has rust on it the hood has chipped pant on the rear driver side it has a little rust on it i don't have the key for the doors so you cant lock the doors the trunk lock was broken so there is no lock on the truck it has a rebuilt title frame is good

i have 2400.00 in the motor and the new parts. I got all the work done in the summer of 2013

best offer gets it thanks

IMAG0891.jpg

Everything looks right on the car even the window sticker. Even though 215 were made only 30 were equipped with the turbo 3.8. Very cool car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Too bad the LS seats are missing.

What's he really looking to get for it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321311508453
This car has no motor or transmission. The body is in excellent condition, very, very minor blemishes, absolutely no rust. Paint is presentable, however it could use a paint job. Interior is in very good condition. There are two small tears on top of the rear seat from sun fading. The wheels are from a firebird, they are not true GNX wheels. This car is equipped with manual windows, door locks, and hydro boost brakes. The power steering pump, radiator, fan shroud, and drive shaft are with the car. The horn button and radio are missing. After some research that I have done, this car could be one of 225 produced in 1982, not 100% sure though. The vin # is 1G4AJ47A8CR145015. You can do your own research. It does have 3.8 liter badge on instrument cluster bezel and the grand national emblem on the passenger side dash plaque and has a boost gage. Also has turbo heat shield on bottom side of hood, which leads me to believe it was a turbo car. Car does have rebuilt title but was from theft.

This is NOT an '82 GN or Sport Coupe:
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):1G4AJ47A8CR145015
8th digit is the engine, and A = 3.8 2bbl

Looks like someone stripped a 85 GN and put everything on a '82 body. Or maybe the VIN has been swapped.

$_3 (1).JPG
$_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321311508453
This car has no motor or transmission. The body is in excellent condition, very, very minor blemishes, absolutely no rust. Paint is presentable, however it could use a paint job. Interior is in very good condition. There are two small tears on top of the rear seat from sun fading. The wheels are from a firebird, they are not true GNX wheels. This car is equipped with manual windows, door locks, and hydro boost brakes. The power steering pump, radiator, fan shroud, and drive shaft are with the car. The horn button and radio are missing. After some research that I have done, this car could be one of 225 produced in 1982, not 100% sure though. The vin # is 1G4AJ47A8CR145015. You can do your own research. It does have 3.8 liter badge on instrument cluster bezel and the grand national emblem on the passenger side dash plaque and has a boost gage. Also has turbo heat shield on bottom side of hood, which leads me to believe it was a turbo car. Car does have rebuilt title but was from theft.

This is NOT an '82 GN or Sport Coupe:
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):1G4AJ47A8CR145015
8th digit is the engine, and A = 3.8 2bbl

Looks like someone stripped a 85 GN and put everything on a '82 body. Or maybe the VIN has been swapped.

View attachment 213530 View attachment 213531

It's right near me in Carrolton GA
I was going to take a run at it - but he told me a week or so ago he had it sold.

He told me on the phone his buddy did the ad - and it is a typo - it is a 84
But he needs to quit pumping it as a 82 GN.
He knows it is not.
And the more he pumps and fibs - the more it looks like a re-VIN.
Or just some black Regal with some "stuff".

But if you look closely at the pictures - it's neither.
It has a bunch of chrome trim, 85-87 GN interior stuff, some woodgrain, - then the 84 seats.
I'm not sure what this is until I get a good look at it.

I still might for the money.
The 84 LS seats is what I would be after for one of my cars, and according to him, and the pictures don't look bad - the body is nice and sorta shiny; i.e. not needing paint (now)
Of course - on the phone he said it did NOT need a paint job.
Now - if it needs a powertrain AND a paint job - keep it.
Money pit. Financial loser.
So that said - it might be well worth it as a roller to grab the 84 seats, put in my black seats, paint the trim, and make my wierd, all black, everywhere, LC2 powered TR I have been wanting to do.
And it sounds like it does have a G87 and maybe G80. - so that's a plus
I want to call my project GammaRay.
Opposite of Xray.
All black.
Not a single piece of shiny - anywhere.
Even the motor and interior - no chrome; completely black.
So I'm going to touch base with him - again.
We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
The eBay car looks to be a fake with 82' and 84' ls seats. The Ohio car has all the right signs of a real one except the seats are not right. Ohio car looks like a 4.1 GN. 30 of the 215 were turbo.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So up in post #2, there is a GN that cliams to be the first based on VIN. Well here is one that thinks it's the "the earliest documented survivor of record!"
VIN = 1G4AJ4749CH225701
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Grand...m=301118201085&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_82wt_1106

$_57.jpg

I would not call this car the earliest documented survior. There are plenty of '82 GN with lower VIN numbers. This car just happen to be the lowest number car on a PARTIAL list of conversions from Cars & Concepts. And the number is so out of line with the rest, that it's likely a misprint.

'82 GNs were not numbered on the dash or elsewhere. And the conversion order does not follow the assembly line build order. Cars & Concepts records are incomplete. No way to know which was first. They are all pretty much all the same, except the motor.

It is a very nice car though. It's been t 61k miles for long time now.

UPDATE: Sold for $6,500

Last edited:
I AM SOO JEALOUS!!!! DAM I wanted this car!

It's soo worth the little over 6 grand price tag. DAM if I didn't have a full garage... :(
I know it's odd but I think this is one of the hottest cars on the road hands down.

Last edited:
220709in.jpg 220709.jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4420514390.html

VIN: 1GA4J4740CH220709

1982 Buick Regal Grand National odometer: 81678 VIN: 1GA4J4740CH220709 automatic transmission title : clean
For Sale.......Asking $6000 cash, but reasonable offers will be considered.

Well, Springtime is here....I think!
Its time to start thinking of getting my car out of storage.
Its being put up for sale because I don't have time for it, so if you or someone you know may be interested here are some of the particulars.

1982 Buick Regal Grand National (1 of 215 ever produced) They say one of the rarest Buicks ever produced.

Transmission: Automatic
Make: Buick
Body Type: Coupe
Model: Regal
Vehicle Title: Clear
Trim: Grand National
Options: T-Tops
Engine: 4.1(NON-TURBO) V6 252-4 (less than 50 were found to be Turbo cars)
Drivetrain: Axle 3.23
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
Drive Type: Automatic RWD
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Mileage: 81,678 Original miles
For Sale By: Private Seller
Exterior Color: Grey/Black
Interior Color: Grey/Black
Warranty: Sold as is - No Warranty
No of Owners: 3 (Individual in Beloit, My brother and Myself)

Other items included: 1982 Buick Chassis Service Manual, 1982 Buick Body by Fischer Service Manual, Original sales slip, Original Body by Fischer T-Top bags, GN fender covers, original owners manual in glove box.
I also have a art print of the concept GN drawn and signed by Steve Pasteiner (original GM concept artist see photo)

This car is a True survivor car all original, for being 32 yrs old in nice shape . It does however need some TLC some of interior components that need to be replaced (headliner, plastic components are showing some age) . I had two bumper fillers break because of aged plastic on front driver and rear passenger sides as I was driving. This change in condition is the reason for change in price.

Restoration parts can be found at various locations via the web Examples:
http://www.stockinteriors.com/
http://www.gbodyparts.com/index.php?cPath=46&osCsid=f3984e087d64e5c70c179fbe82c67e80
http://www.ebay.com/

(see the photos listing the condition of the car vs what its book worth is)
A reasonable offer will be considered.

Purchaser will be responsible for pick-up.

Last edited:
225720 up for sale again (1G4AK4737CH225720)

100 pictures!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231350050699?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You are looking at one of the RAREST GRAND NATIONALS MADE
These are so RARE alot of GN owners never even knew that before black
this is basically what started the whole GN history.
At the before black dot net website there is a registry and out of 215 known
made Grand Nationals made in 1982, so far only 35 Turbo models are known to exist.
The rest are actually V8 cars.
If you own a GNX, thats a great car to own if you want the fastest GN made and still
low production numbers, but if you want 1 of the RAREST and GNs made...here is a your
chance to own 1.

225720.jpg