1982-1984 Riviera T-Type Transmission

Hi all, new member here. Not a T-Type owner, but I'm looking for an '82-'84 Riv T Type trans with the 3.36 final drive-this is for a project I have in mind for my Eldorado. Anyone parting a Turbo car of those years? Alternatively I would be interested in the final drive unit alone. The '82-'84 T Type and Eldorado for the high altitude market were the only cars equipped with this axle. A 1985 T Type will not have this part.

Thanks!

Anthony

just asking , you mentioned 85 T's Riv's that is , did not come with 3.36 , interested to find that info . i have a 85 .

just asking , you mentioned 85 T's Riv's that is , did not come with 3.36 , interested to find that info . i have a 85 .
Yes, the '85 T Type shared the 3.15 with the HT4100 Eldorado & Seville. Not sure for the change, maybe cost savings?

Also, still searching for one.

Did some research, found this on my build sheet ,shows a 3.36 as a FW4 code . On turbo V6 cars came with that option .
I hope that helps In your hunt .
image.jpg
image.jpg

Did some research, found this on my build sheet ,shows a 3.36 as a FW4 code . On turbo V6 cars came with that option .
I hope that helps In your hunt .View attachment 353025View attachment 353025

Wow, who'd have thought? Weird as not only the brochures (which are occasionally wrong) but the parts manual as well calls out a 3.15 for 1985 Turbo cars. Very cool to see that on your build sheet. Do you know the build date, maybe a very early model year car? Or maybe a convertible thing?

I really appreciate it, I might have to on a case by case basis to track one down.

Go on car-part.com look under 84 riviera 3.8 turbo engine.

3 junkyards have the engine and it shows one in the car.

Transmissions are not listed more than likely because they are bad.

Call to see if they will sell you them as a core.