1980 MALIBU for trade!!

87we410877

My friend wants a turbo buick after going in mine. He's got a mint 1980 malibu he bought from an old lady some years back. The paint is mint and is plum crazy. (looks purple). It has been garage kept the entire time its been in his possesion. I believe it has about 60-70k miles on it. The engine is a 350 bored .060" over, has a cam, edlbrock intake and im not sure about the carb. Has a built turbo 350 transmission with a manual valve body. The car sounds absolutely amazing and is hands down one of the best sounding smallblocks ive herd.

He is looking to trade for pretty much any turbo regal or GN as long as its an 86 or 87. No red interiors or burgandy exteriors. Car has to be solid with little or no rust. Mods are no problem. Stock is ok too. Give him a call and talk with him. He is a very nice guy and he will be glad to tell you everything you need to know. His names Justin and his cells 631-495-9362.

some pics

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/87we410877/malibu003.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/87we410877/malibu004.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/87we410877/malibu005.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/87we410877/malibu002.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/87we410877/malibu001.jpg

T this looks like a good project for you boys ..............add a turbo or turbos to the small block blow through carb set up possibly buy a certain someones intercooler ;)

consider trades? i have a 87 buick grand national that has about 120k on the body and about 60k on the motor. the motor was built by kdk performance down in florida. the tranny has billet parts with forward drum and a 3200 pro torque 9 inch non-lock converter. car also has orginal GNX suspension. its a GNX clone with black GNX rims. car has gone 6.7 with slicks and 111 race fuel. can drive this car anywhere. nothing wrong with it. looks great. its a t-top car and NO LEAKS!! consider trade plus cash?

PS: car is in my sig.

consider trades? i have a 87 buick grand national that has about 120k on the body and about 60k on the motor. the motor was built by kdk performance down in florida. the tranny has billet parts with forward drum and a 3200 pro torque 9 inch non-lock converter. car also has orginal GNX suspension. its a GNX clone with black GNX rims. car has gone 6.7 with slicks and 111 race fuel. can drive this car anywhere. nothing wrong with it. looks great. its a t-top car and NO LEAKS!! consider trade plus cash?

PS: car is in my sig.

Can you please send photos of interior, motor and exterior? I know he's looking to do a trade straight up since he's looking to buy a house as well and has no cash to spare unless you were willing to trade your GN plus a few $'s. Not sure which way you were going with that. Thats somewhat high mileage but if its in good shape thats ok. Let me know. Pics can be sent to tdigs@hotmail.com. Or you can call anytime 516-356-6238. Thanks alot. Tyler

if anything, i'm looking to get cash from him not me give him cash since my car is worth more. here are some pics. PM if he is interested.
MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-003F-1.jpg

MVC-002F-1.jpg

MVC-001F.jpg

if anything, i'm looking to get cash from him not me give him cash since my car is worth more. here are some pics. PM if he is interested.

How much cash are we talking here? He's figuring he can get 9-10k for his malibu. Let me know!!

If your friend can get that much for his Malibu he'd be better off selling and then quickly depositing the $$ into the bank. Those cars do not typically bring that amount.

Oh and the purple, is that the actual purple that Chrysler was using on their Cudas/Chargers/Coronets/Dusters in 1970-1971?

If your friend can get that much for his Malibu he'd be better off selling and then quickly depositing the $$ into the bank. Those cars do not typically bring that amount.

Oh and the purple, is that the actual purple that Chrysler was using on their Cudas/Chargers/Coronets/Dusters in 1970-1971?

The car is amazingly spotless and i dont think he'd have a problem getting 9 grand for it. The color is called plum crazy.

usually, a good setup malibu will bring around $12 to $15k. i'm talking built car, tranny, motor, rearend, etc. one with just a bored SBC and nice paint will prolly only bring about $8k. it would be the most i would offer considering whats done to the car. its very clean. the motor in that car does not matter to me as it will be pulled and sold almost as soon as i would get it. i have better plans for it. tell him if he is interested i am open for offers or trades.

usually, a good setup malibu will bring around $12 to $15k. i'm talking built car, tranny, motor, rearend, etc. one with just a bored SBC and nice paint will prolly only bring about $8k. it would be the most i would offer considering whats done to the car. its very clean. the motor in that car does not matter to me as it will be pulled and sold almost as soon as i would get it. i have better plans for it. tell him if he is interested i am open for offers or trades.

Agreed. The motor is just a smallblock. The tranny is a built 350 with a 3000 stall and the rear is a built 9" with moser axles.

PM me on what exactly your looking for as far as cash and trade for the malibu goes. Your car is very nice. I know he doesnt want to trade + cash but i'll see if i can convince him since that car looks like it may be worth it. Send me a # i can reach you at so we can talk or PM me. Thanks alot. Tyler.

If he can get $9+ for that car he needs to sell it, then come back here with the cash & buy a car, or get one off of EBAY.

There is a limited listed below for $5500, that's the direction he needs to go.

He needs to realize that he's not the only one around here with lots of money invested in a car that will never bring a profit.