1970 Chevy Pickup C/10 Stepside

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1402337928.269632.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1402337943.991009.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What method did use use for mounting the motor? Did you weld the factory perches to the truck frame? Or did this somehow bolt in?

Thanks

i used the stock GN motor mounts and 1/2" pipe welded to the stock truck perches in their original location which worked out well , this allowed the duttnecked i/c and rad fan to fit , and the Brothers trans crossmember mounted into predrilled holes in frame and bolted up to the 200-4r using a th350 trans mount with some shims under it

Have a temp set of injectors in as other ones were being cleaned (thanks Chuck!). After the injectors go in it will be time to put the alky kit on and start having some fun. Think I'm going to put power steering back on as the manual box is a beast. Will be doing a power disk brake conversion sometime over the next couple months too and then it should be a great driver. The drums up front aren't cutting it with all the extra power. Everything seems to be working well, boost is set pretty low right now though.

converted it over to power steering with the champion racing billet PS/ALT bracket
the cleaned injectors went in with the TT chip he had ..turns out only four of the "new" injectors were stuck shut :O ,
the smc alky went in but needs a new pump which arrived yesterday ,
the stock turbo with the orange stripe converter was too quick spooling so on went a turbo i had that I was told it was a turbonetics ball bearing cpt44 , well turns out according to Turbonetics its a 62-1 originally shipped with a t4 .81 housing now with a GN 3bolt .63 , truck seems happier

I knew it!!!!! There was no way he was going to run a 49 Turbo, I should have known something like a 62-1 was going to find its' way onto there. What is the stall RPM range for an orange stripe converter, upper 2000's?

I thought I had the only truck hybrid. 85 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 shortbox. 14 bolt rearend posi, Dana 44 up front all 8 lug, 87 GN from Arizona GN fresh rebuild, 210/214 cam, roller rockers, timing set, 120 lb injectors Fast system 2.0, 67 series precision turbo, LT 385 70 16 toyo MT, Turbo 350 all Kevlar parts,
6in lift, Traction bar from Off Road Design, Custom intercooler 12 x 48 x inch 1/2 instead of Front Grill, All yellow Bed liner etc.
Finish early next year. Target 650hp

cool ..nice thing about the c10 2wd short bed is with the lc2 v6 its not much heavier a gn from factory
the c10 has 6 lug and 12 bolt rear .
just upgraded the braking from manual front drums to power front discs , new spindles , ball joints, and tie rods
and took care of the pegleg with an eaton posi using the original 3.73 rear gear

1027141023.jpg
1027141342a.jpg
1027141638.jpg
1027141327.jpg

Yea I now weigh in at almost 6000 lbs. The axles especially suck. The traction bars were almost a 100 lbs. As far as pictures not much yet but of pieces. The box is completely off the truck and sitting on the ground. I have pictures of the tires and wheels. The motor is shrink wrapped and waiting until the paint job is done. I have a 3.8 normally aspirated motor in the truck right now which will be pulled and the new motor will bolt right up.
If you want what I have for pictures send me an email address and will forward over. Ben getting all the parts together for 2 years now.

The brakes were long overdue. Will be a lot more fun to drive now, and safer. And the pegleg wasn't helping stoplight fun so it had to go.

The last piece of the build arrived yesterday and hopefully will be on by tomorrow afternoon.... RJC 3" downpipe. Mocked it up a little while ago and will only take a little massaging on the heater box and frame to clear. Was thinking the pipe might have to be hacked up good so I was surprised that it almost slid right in. Should spool better and will free up the exhaust pretty good from the temporary setup that was in there.