1970 Chevelle SS for sale or trade

ryan319

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS. 454, TH400, 12bolt. REAL DEAL SS. The car was originally a 396 with a 4-speed. The 454 in it is fresh with less than 1000 miles. It's a 4-bolt 454 with a mild cam (RV type cam), Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock 750 carb, MSD HEI, new plugs and wires, long tube headers, stainless dual exhaust, electric fans (run off manual switches). The fuel system is all new, tank, lines, and Edelbrock fuel pump. Ignition system is all new as well. Runs pretty good; could use a little fine tuning with the timing and carb. It will do a nice burnout but it's a relatively mild motor. Doesn't smoke, knock, overheat, and has great oil pressure. Alternator is new. Radiator and electric fans are new also. Water pump was replaced when the motor was rebuilt. Trans shifts fine. I was told it has a different torque converter but I can't confirm. The front rotors/pads, wheel bearings, brake booster and master cylinder where replaced this winter.

The body is clean and straight. Very solid. It was originally silver with the black top and stripes. It is now mint green metallic (correct color for the year) with black top and stripes. The paint overall is actually pretty nice, I was told it was painted 12-15 years ago. It hasn't seen a lot of miles since then and it looks good. There are a few chips that need addressed and a little scratch on the passenger quarter than needs blended but the paint looks good when it's clean. I believe that all the body panels and trim are original except for the quarters. All the glass looks original as well. The top and interior are only about 5 years old and in really good condition. All four windows crank as they should. The doors shut nice. The hood and trunk fit nice.

Car runs and drives. I think it just needs some miles on it and a few little things sorted out. Yes it is a real SS. It was built in Canada and the Oshawa plant kept records of all the cars. I ordered the build sheet and it confirms that it is indeed a 396 SS.

I've been buying and selling cars as a hobby for a while. I get one, have some fun with it then get a bug for something new. I'm looking to get into a 1984-1987 Buick Grand National. I would probably need cash my way for the kind of GN I am looking for. Let me know what you have if you want to trade.

Asking $25,000.

Last edited:
What value do you place on it?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

That's a very fair price for a Canada doc'd 70 Chevelle SS - should sell pretty quick. If I had the room I'd be driving to PA right now....

GLWS

That's a very fair price for a Canada doc'd 70 Chevelle SS - should sell pretty quick. If I had the room I'd be driving to PA right now....

GLWS

Thanks. When I'm ready to sell something I price it fair to move it. Even without the numbers matching drivetrain, with a little work, just cleaning up small odds and ends I think it could be a $30K car. I've got a racing bug lately and I don't want to turn this into a race car.

I do have a sale pending on it. It should be gone in a few days if everything goes through. I have a feeling I might regret letting it go.

Yeah - if you do this long enough that regret list gets pretty long... I keep telling myself that the SuperBird I sold to buy my first house was worth doing. Yeah it was a hemi, and yeah my house is worth more than the car - but I still want the car back! LOL

Dave
www.DavesCars.com

New hooder pins

Attachments

• VZM.IMG_20160429_193558.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20160429_193558.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 29
Please put the magnums back on the car, the cragars kill it imp! Beautiful car, good luck with the sale buddy!