1970 Chevelle Malibu. Comfortable cruiser with twin turbo motor and A/C

INTMD8

Up for sale is my 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu. Is this the best Chevelle ever? I don't know but it's pretty damn nice :)

Price is 40k. Will consider nice 86/87 Limited plus cash.

Body/Paint/Chassis-

I absolutely hate rust so I found this completely rust free Chevelle in Arizona. 100% zero rust. This car is all original panels.

Paint is base/clear and was done in 1999. Since the paint is a bit old and this car is driven there are some imperfections but overall it is gorgeous. Wet sanded and polished and is very glossy and reflective. Belt-line trim was just replaced (refurbished original) as well as the rocker trim (NOS). All new window fuzzies that are an exact match for stock.

The frame and floors were cleaned, prepped and painted semi-gloss black. Some areas were left original (firewall has original chalk marks) just because I wanted the car to have a somewhat aged look and not look completely new. Front control arms and springs are powdercoated. Steering linkage was clear-coated when replaced. Every single suspension bushing and ball joints are new. It has Hellwig sway bars and rides very smooth with Monroe sense-a-trac shocks. Wheels are powdercoated 15x7 steel. Tires were modified by Diamondback with a 1/4in white stripe. Rear tires are Mickey Thompson drag radials. I have an extra set of new rear tires that come with the car. Brakes are new booster/master/wheel cylinders/shoes. Yes it is 4 wheel power drum and many people think I'm crazy for that but I'll tell you the car stops very well, even at the drag strip. Considering that, and the fact that I had no plans to road-race this car I never changed them.

Interior-

Door panels are original and slightly faded from the sun at the top. Carpet is original. Dash is original GM that was re-dyed. New door and trunk weatherstrip. New headliner, sail panels, package tray and sun visors. Steering wheel is not original to the car but it is an original GM wheel, not a reproduction. Seats were all-vinyl but I bought some NOS Gold Rivar cloth and had a local upholstery shop sew it in and replace all seat foam. New rear window rollers. I installed 3 point seat belts and mounted the regulators behind the interior panels. I did this because the stock shoulder belt always dug into my neck and it ruined the clean hardtop look hanging down from the ceiling. Stereo is a Pioneer Premier 800prs head unit, JL VR690 6x9's in the rear deck, Pioneer D9500F 4 channel amp, and JL C3-650 front components. Sounds awesome. Engine PCM and Eboost boost controller mounted in glove box. Air conditioning system was flushed, new o-rings, POA valve re-calibrated for R134A. Air temp at the vents is 33 degrees. Horns are unplugged and an MSD 2-step is wired into the stock horn relay. To launch the car at the track you hold the brake, push the horn button then floor the accelerator. RPM's come up to 2200 and stay there until you release the horn button and off you go.

Drivetrain-

6 liter LQ9 engine, cast iron block, aluminum heads. LS6 cam, comp pushrods, patriot dual valvesprings. Edelbrock Pro-Flo intake manifold. LS7 timing chain. Twin Buick Grand National turbochargers with ported inlet bells and exhaust elbows. Garret/honeywell high efficiency air to water intercooler core, end tanks built by me. All stainless cold side tubing and all stainless exhaust system. Vintage cooler used for intercooler water reservoir in trunk. Vintage tool box used for battery box in trunk. Stock 03 cobra intercooler heat exchanger mounted up front between frame rails.

Transmission is a 4l65E built by Finishline Performance and has a stock converter re-stalled to 2600rpm which is a perfect match for the fast spooling turbos. Driveshaft is 3.5inch aluminum. Rearend is a 3.31 geared 12-bolt posi.

New baffled fuel tank with walbro 255lph pump. Kenne Bell boost-a-pump. 60lb injectors. Tuned by myself with HP Tuners 2-bar speed density operating system.

Driving/performance and other things-

The car goes down the road beautifully. Very quiet and comfortable. Gets drooled on at car shows and the dragstrip :) All suspension bushings are new but stock rubber for a cushy ride. Steering is new/tight and brakes work great. At one point I had a set of larger Precision turbos on the car but removed them to re-install the stock Buick turbos as I prefer their instant response. With the buick turbos it makes between 555 and 607 rear wheel horsepower depending on the boost level (8-12psi adjustable) and runs between 11.20 (flat footing it off the line with no boost) to 10.80 at 123-126mph trap speeds. I calculated fuel mileage only once and on a 600 mile round trip with the A/C on it got a little over 20mpg.

Speed INC. Twin turbo street Chevelle - YouTube

Jim Moran's 1970 Chevy Chevelle - LQ9 Truck Engine - Hot Rod Magazine

Pics-

ImageShack Album - 60 images

chevelle562011062.jpg

chevelle562011061.jpg

chevelle562011048.jpg

chevelle562011032.jpg

chevelle562011016.jpg

chevelle562011019.jpg

chevelle562011010.jpg

chevelle562011001.jpg

Dude that's nuts. But I like it. The 307 badges are a great laugh.

I believe I saw this in a magazine once?

This is my kind of toys, would u like to come home to NJ Miss Chevelle and i'll put a twin 60-1s or a twin BB 66 and maybe an XFI? see PM, thanks, Carmelo

Sweet car but eventually we must all grow-up and buy a Buick:pI really hope you buy a limited,because you would be a great asset to the TB community;) Congrats

Kevin