18" GNX Crosslace wheels. Someone provide us some already!!!!!!!!!

I bought the year one black snow flakes 2 years ago in hopes that an 18" gnx rim would be available by now. Still hoping everyday I log onto this site so I feel your pain jbaker. I needed a cheap set of rims so I could update the brakes, notch the frame, and upgrade the suspension. What ever happened to the guy that custom Made his gnx rims?
Hey annakin, how was the fit and what tire sizes did you use? 4 7/8 backspace?
I'm in the same boat, ready to do my brakes and suspension but not finding other wheels that do it for me looks and pricewise. I'd go for stamped steel wheels in 18x9.5 and 18x10 if I could find them, but this looks like a viable alternative, even if they're 17's. Thanks

I bought the year one black snow flakes 2 years ago in hopes that an 18" gnx rim would be available by now. Still hoping everyday I log onto this site so I feel your pain jbaker. I needed a cheap set of rims so I could update the brakes, notch the frame, and upgrade the suspension. What ever happened to the guy that custom Made his gnx rims?
I talked to Budnik on Friday night about an 18" X 8 and 9 GNX wheel that would use a T Type/Turbo T cap. They are stating it will be $805 a wheel for a polished lip black center. I'll keep you posted on what they say today if anything. Told them it was a bit pricey still for all of us. Especially considering they sell a 18" GN wheel for $560-$580 through their dealers. Personally I would pay $2500 for a set (to my door) if they looked like they are supposed to. We will see what happens. Otherwise I'm just going to have to go with the WELD RTS, I guess.

Turbotroy, I got 255/40 tires all around. I used a 3/8 spacer on all 4 rims
Barely clear the tie rods in front. No issue in the back with the frame. Would probably go with a wider tire in back like a 275. I carry a spanner everywhere and check my lugs after every drive. Got them all for 1100. Cheapest 17" that no one else really had.
Jbaker, the rims need to have a stepped lip, or it won't look right. Forgeline ta3p rims are nice but no stepped lip. Do you know what the name of the budniks are?

Hey Annakin, what suspension and brake mods did you do. Thanks for the info and can you post some pics please? Thanks

Turbotroy, I got 255/40 tires all around. I used a 3/8 spacer on all 4 rims
Barely clear the tie rods in front. No issue in the back with the frame. Would probably go with a wider tire in back like a 275. I carry a spanner everywhere and check my lugs after every drive. Got them all for 1100. Cheapest 17" that no one else really had.
Jbaker, the rims need to have a stepped lip, or it won't look right. Forgeline ta3p rims are nice but no stepped lip. Do you know what the name of the budniks are?
They were going to be a brand new wheel from Budnick.
I'm most likely going to bite the bullet and go with the Avant Garde F140 or F240 in a 18X8 (4" bs w/ a 225/45/R18) and 18X9 (4.75" bs w/ a 275/40/R18). They have agreed to custom machine them to accept the GNX style center cap (I'll use the silver power 6 ones from world of motorworks). Going gloss black inner with a chrome lip. I will prolly order them in early March then add 6 weeks. I'll post pics once they are on. I guess sometimes you got pay for what you want!

Welp, you guys can thank me later. I stumbled upon a company that DOES make a 18" GTA/GNX type wheel. Kranson forged wheels sold by Lipps Wheel Co. I don't know a price yet, but from looking at their other wheels I suspect around 2200 per set. I hope they're still around as these are older pics. I'm going to try and figure out more info
Pics below
47098_486449154713306_1778096510_n.jpg
250732_486449074713314_1287479223_n.jpg
255559_486449048046650_1079393552_n.jpg
1620446_642155252512782_2099234237_n.jpg

Nevermind. After a quick research it looks as though they're not around anymore.Back to the drawing board

No they are not mine but you can get those.

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 479
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 476
Hey All, Year One is offering free shipping on their 17x9 4 7/8 BS Snowflake set with caps and lugs. Free shipping saves $160 to my door. May be time to pull the trigger

They were going to be a brand new wheel from Budnick.
I'm most likely going to bite the bullet and go with the Avant Garde F140 or F240 in a 18X8 (4" bs w/ a 225/45/R18) and 18X9 (4.75" bs w/ a 275/40/R18). They have agreed to custom machine them to accept the GNX style center cap (I'll use the silver power 6 ones from world of motorworks). Going gloss black inner with a chrome lip. I will prolly order them in early March then add 6 weeks. I'll post pics once they are on. I guess sometimes you got pay for what you want!
I am super anxious to see how your wheels turn out....the only thing I didn't care for about them was the center section, so to hear you talk about them machining them for a "proper" center cap is awesome news and may just be what I'm after.....please post pics as soon as you can and good luck

Took awhile to pony up for these but I ordered them today.....pics in 6-8 weeks!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Avant garde F240's. Kransons past reputation scares me...

Did you go through Eric? My 18 inch 141's should be shipping out next week with new rubber I got through him as well..He has been a great help...thanks for the tip

I did. Did you have them machined for gnx restoration caps? He mentioned they just did a set.