17x10 and 17x9 GNX Style Wheels

Are you interested in a set of 17x9 and 17x10 GNX Style Wheels with Buick Offsets?

• Yes, I would definetly like to own a set

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • No, I am not interested

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Yes but it depends on the price

Votes: 61 47.7%

• Total voters
Been available for a year if you have a F body.
He is asking if there available specifically for the G body.

Yes, this thread is not about "anything sort of working" this thread is about one thing perfectly working. Proper offsets, fitting wider tires with limited/no issues, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

IMO, it would be nice if the 17x9 offset can work for the front and rear like how "front" GTA wheels do, thats what i would run. As for 17x10 offsets 4.75 would be nice. As for 18s I'm thinking thats a whole new discussion since the production would start all over and 17s are just a matter of offsets, keeping Hawks sticking to the price now. Unlike 18s might be 2k or more? I'm currently running 18s with Ridetech Coilers, I can imagine a bit smoother ride on 17s which would make me interested for everyday use. Again appreciate your effort into trying help make these wheels to happen!

IMO, it would be nice if the 17x9 offset can work for the front and rear like how "front" GTA wheels do, thats what i would run. As for 17x10 offsets 4.75 would be nice. As for 18s I'm thinking thats a whole new discussion since the production would start all over and 17s are just a matter of offsets, keeping Hawks sticking to the price now. Unlike 18s might be 2k or more? I'm currently running 18s with Ridetech Coilers, I can imagine a bit smoother ride on 17s which would make me interested for everyday use. Again appreciate your effort into trying help make these wheels to happen!

Gentleman, I have been communicating with Bruce Hawkins from Hawks Motorsports about creating a set of 17" GNX style wheels for the Turbo Buick community. This means a set of wheels that have the correct offset for the front and rear of the Turbo Buicks.

I know that this has been up for discussion before but I have his full attention and he is ready to make it happen right now!!! A few of you have bought the wheel they currently make in 17x9. This wheel however does not fit the Buick without the use of a 1" spacer which is huge in order to make the a better offset.

Here is the idea, the set for the Turbo Buicks will be 17x9 in the front and 17x10 in the rear. As for the offset of these wheels, we are in the position to get it right once and for all!

So my question to all of you is, what would you like for a rear offset/back spacing and what would you like for a front wheel offset/backspacing.

Currently the plan is to aim for a rear backspacing of 4.5" which should allow us to fit the 10" wheel in the rear with no frame contact issue on a car that does not have the frame notched. The proposed tire size would be 285/40-17. This will give us an OD of 26" that is the same as an OEM tire.

For the front, the back spacing target is 4.5" and a tire size of 255/45-17 which also gives us a 26" OD.

As for price, there is not a number on the table but if you look at the wheels that Hawks currently produces, you can get an idea of what they may cost. Pretty reasonable for a set of 4.

http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/gta-mesh-wheel-set-of-4-17-x-9-black-reproduction/

Please comment with your thoughts, ideas and interest in this set of Buick wheels.

black_3__57075.1416255778.1280.1280__06494.1461243700.1280.1280.jpg
Gentleman, I have been communicating with Bruce Hawkins from Hawks Motorsports about creating a set of 17" GNX style wheels for the Turbo Buick community. This means a set of wheels that have the correct offset for the front and rear of the Turbo Buicks.

I know that this has been up for discussion before but I have his full attention and he is ready to make it happen right now!!! A few of you have bought the wheel they currently make in 17x9. This wheel however does not fit the Buick without the use of a 1" spacer which is huge in order to make the a better offset.

Here is the idea, the set for the Turbo Buicks will be 17x9 in the front and 17x10 in the rear. As for the offset of these wheels, we are in the position to get it right once and for all!

So my question to all of you is, what would you like for a rear offset/back spacing and what would you like for a front wheel offset/backspacing.

Currently the plan is to aim for a rear backspacing of 4.5" which should allow us to fit the 10" wheel in the rear with no frame contact issue on a car that does not have the frame notched. The proposed tire size would be 285/40-17. This will give us an OD of 26" that is the same as an OEM tire.

For the front, the back spacing target is 4.5" and a tire size of 255/45-17 which also gives us a 26" OD.

As for price, there is not a number on the table but if you look at the wheels that Hawks currently produces, you can get an idea of what they may cost. Pretty reasonable for a set of 4.

http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/gta-mesh-wheel-set-of-4-17-x-9-black-reproduction/

Please comment with your thoughts, ideas and interest in this set of Buick wheels.

black_3__57075.1416255778.1280.1280__06494.1461243700.1280.1280.jpg
I'll buy a set today if you can get me these in 17x9 with the proper offset..

I can tell you, that producing any new wheel, will require a new mold for each size,
and each offset, ( one piece wheel)
typical costs for producing one size will run from 50 to 65K,
so this is not something someone undertakes lightly.

Booooo! I saw some action on this thread and was hoping something positive happened... im currently shopping for replacement rear tires again and the sizes are ever dwindling. I really wanna keep the gta look but might hafta go with some kooky non-80's design 17s just so i can find rubber for it.

I Spoke to hawks and as of now they aren't putting any effort into the gbody until they get settled in their new building,

However i spoke to Brian at gbody part and says his sets are close to production, prob around march.
They appear on his website