17in or 18in GTA wheels in Gbody offset

Undercover87T

Maryland MAGNA Rep
Staff member
This has probably been brought up countless times but I'm gonna take a stab at it. Kirban and Classic industries had new 16x8 GTA's made that have been backordered for months if not over a year+. Now Hawks has made 17x9 GTA's for Fbody's but the offset won't fit a Gbody. Why has no one stepped up and made a 17x8/9 or 18x8/9 GTA in Gbody-friendly offset? Similar style wheels in those sizes are usually custom ordered and can be upwards of $900 each + tires. The demand is there for an "affordable" 17in or 18in GTA style wheel.

Classic Industries just got the 16" back in stock. I think they're shipping next month as I just ordered a set. Anyone interested in buying them use mem15 as the coupon code until Memorial Day for 25% off. I got four fronts shipped for $676 and change.

Last edited:
Just looked at their site and it did work showed $715 to my door. Trying to decide on those or the repo. factory look. What size & tires do you plan on running? I looked on Tirerack but didn't see a lot of options

I'm going to go with the 245/50 BF Goodrich Comp 2 I think. I drive my car less than 500 miles a year so I'm not too concerned with tread life. I know the 245's will rub just a smidge at full lock on left or right turns, but not enough to cause any alarm.

Classic Industries just got the 16" back in stock. I think they're shipping next month as I just ordered a set. Anyone interested in buying them use mem15 as the coupon code until Memorial Day for 25% off. I got four fronts shipped for $676 and change.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to order a set of those to replace the GTA's I have now which are tired, at least until a suitable larger version is available. I use 245/50 in the front and 255/50 in the rear. The fronts do rub slightly on the sway bar at full lock but nothing to warrant concern.

We are now a Forgeline dealer and we are offering a 15% discount on ANY wheel order...

Here is the Forgeline LS3 wheel that is as close as your going to get in sizes 17, 18, 19" and pricing starts @ $1,175.00 ea.

LSE - Gold center - black cap.jpg

The Forgeline LS3 Heritage Series wheel pays homage to one of our very first wheel designs, the classic LS of the 1990s, but has been reborn here as a modern 3-piece wheel with updated engineering and manufacturing technology. A tight mesh design with very intricate machining details, the LS3 is elegant and timeless.

The LS3 is built with true forged 6061-T6 aluminum centers, aircraft-quality ARP stainless steel fasteners (your choice of exposed or hidden), and heat-treated rim sections. The LS3 is available with a stepped lip outer in 17-inch, 18-inch, and 19-inch fitments and features a standard powder coated center finish with a polished outer rim. But since each wheel is custom built-to-order, Forgeline can also offer special features like custom offsets, center locking hubs, and a large choice of finish combinations.
  • 3-Piece Heritage Series Wheel
  • Classic Tight Mesh Design is Elegant and Timeless
  • Stepped-Lip Outer
  • Your Choice of Exposed or Hidden ARP Fasteners
  • Forged 6061-T6 Aluminum Center
  • Heat-Treated Rim Shells
  • Includes Standard Aluminum Center Cap
  • Customizable Fitment and Finish Options
  • Legendary Forgeline Quality and Customer Service
  • Don't Forget Your Tires!

Forgeline can also ship your wheels with new tires already mounted and balanced. We offer extremely attractive pricing, expert mounting & balancing, and the convenience of one-stop shopping.http://www.forgeline.com/products/tires

Nice wheel, but you missed my point Scott. I was looking at the new CCW D240 which is a GNX looking wheel @$900 each. If those aren't "affordable" than an $1170+ Forgeline sure isn't. Now CCW did come out with a 2 piece classic which at $500each is about the best option but they aren't made in 18s.

Nice wheel, but you missed my point Scott. I was looking at the new CCW D240 which is a GNX looking wheel @$900 each. If those aren't "affordable" than an $1170+ Forgeline sure isn't. Now CCW did come out with a 2 piece classic which at $500each is about the best option but they aren't made in 18s.
Yeah I got confused when you mentioned wanting a 17-18" GTA style wheels, I didn't see the word "Affordable". The CCW D240 is nice but to me no where close to the "GTA" style... These won't be for everyone but it's definitely another option...

classic industries has the OER GTA wheels in stock I bought two now gonna buy another two soon. I know GBODY parts is coming out with an 18" GTA Wheel for our offset and I think it was $1600 a set complete lugs and caps to me that's a great price considering other wheels are 1100 each. Boston GN has the post up top

Figures that I just gave up looking and got a set from classic industries. Now with gbody selling them idk if that's good or bad.