16v charging

CGASTON

Who is running a 16v charging system? I would like to pick your brain and ask some questions.. please hit me up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Who is running a 16v charging system? I would like to pick your brain and ask some questions.. please hit me up

I have not switched yet so I can't speak from experience but I have a strategy I can share.
1 - Charging voltage for 16 volt battery should be targeted at 19.6 (2.45 per cell) and IMO can be a concern to certain electronics.
2 - I plan on running a 16 volt battery with a 12 volt post so that;
a - I can wire my Pantera coils from the hot wire relay to that 12V post since the coils are recommended to be no higher than 17 volts but will tolerate 18 volts but no higher.
b - Possibly will wire the injectors and/or the XFI to this post also - TBD.
3 - I have already built and tested a converted stock alternator with an adjustable regulator and 200 amp conversion to handle this.
4 - Do not anticipate the fuel pump having and issues with this and I already have a speed controller to reduce the speed for street driving.
AG.

I have not switched yet so I can't speak from experience but I have a strategy I can share.
1 - Charging voltage for 16 volt battery should be targeted at 19.6 (2.45 per cell) and IMO can be a concern to certain electronics.
2 - I plan on running a 16 volt battery with a 12 volt post so that;
a - I can wire my Pantera coils from the hot wire relay to that 12V post since the coils are recommended to be no higher than 17 volts but will tolerate 18 volts but no higher.
b - Possibly will wire the injectors and/or the XFI to this post also - TBD.
3 - I have already built and tested a converted stock alternator with an adjustable regulator and 200 amp conversion to handle this.
4 - Do not anticipate the fuel pump having and issues with this and I already have a speed controller to reduce the speed for street driving.
AG.
I have a XS Power 14v battery and mechman alternator running constant 16.5v. Running stock wiring except for batt +/- cables. TR6 is fine, just have to get the coils dwelled in software. My concern is the injector offset at 16.5v.... have several questions and things about it. Plus all modern accessories seem to love 16v. Fans are faster (alradco) and cooling is quicker.