16 year old daughter got license-starts driving to school next week

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
This is stressing me out—she’s a good driver but???? I remember my son when he first drove to school, I was nervous but not like this. I’m sure others have felt like this….not asking for advice, just blurting out random stuff. Not really sure how to feel. On one hand I feel poor as hell because my insurance doubled…..on the other hand I know it’s gotta happen

The daughters in my case were great and caused me know headaches. For two boys, on the other hand, I spent a lot of time in court for tickets and both had a couple accidents. So in your case, be glad it a daughter

Daughters are more careful drivers than son's. I'd trust my daughter to drive my tuned Pontiac GXP, as for my son, only if I'm in the car with him...as for my Buick....LOL

Put her in a solid vehicle, SUV & make sure she doesn't text while driving. Probably be just fine.

This is stressing me out—she’s a good driver but???? I remember my son when he first drove to school, I was nervous but not like this. I’m sure others have felt like this….not asking for advice, just blurting out random stuff. Not really sure how to feel. On one hand I feel poor as hell because my insurance doubled…..on the other hand I know it’s gotta happen

Preview. Just put the GN in there (lead car) and your daughter behind the wheel! The Dhosmobile! :eek::LOL:

Mine goes for her test on Thursday this week and I am losing sleep with her driving on her own.

She is signed up for the Street Survival course on Sept 18 at Pitt-race too.

She'll be fine.

But as a hedge, find a Tire Rack Street Survival school near you and put her in it:

Worth every penny.
I was sure you’d say the Bondurant school of high performance driving. Lol

My daughter leaves for college the 27th. It’s going to be weird, but you know it’s going to happen.

Kids are like wind up cars. When they start out you nudge them in the right direction. When you let them go you pray they continue on and make it to the finish line.

I was sure you’d say the Bondurant school of high performance driving. Lol

My daughter leaves for college the 27th. It’s going to be weird, but you know it’s going to happen.

Kids are like wind up cars. When they start out you nudge them in the right direction. When you let them go you pray they continue on and make it to the finish line.
They do, one way or the other......you did your best.

Take comfort in that.

A safe vehicle with good tires and lots of teaching. Shut phone down, and by example would be good. Bluetooth or calls is okay so you can keep track. Best of luck. It'll be just fine

Mine goes for her test on Thursday this week and I am losing sleep with her driving on her own.

She is signed up for the Street Survival course on Sept 18 at Pitt-race too.
I see Im not the only one..lol.

You're not the only one to worry. We're just trying to give you confidence