16 volt alternator

Maybe you can talk to someone knowledgeable from the manufacturer, I would think that the 16v system would generate less heat and be better for the motors since it will draw less current to do the same work, but may also have to do with how they are regulated.
I SW Meziere about it and they are the ones who dont feel its a good idea for a 3-4 hour drive. But agree with you on 16v and like the system. I will have the car running on 16v to start since it is what I have right now and switch back to 12v later.

I switched to 16v in 2004 after running my engine on a engine brake dyno and hearing and seeing the difference it made. Plus your windows will work WAY better lol. I have many many years and street miles running a 16v with no downsides I ever ran into.

Powermaster adj voltage regulator is definitely the way to go. They will make you one with the CS144 case but it is expensive. They came up with a smaller CS130 case that will work with the Champion bracket and is half the money. Part # 578028

Here it is on my motor
View attachment 392901

That being said, since I switched to an electric Meziere water pump and I am planning to do long drives with the car in Drag-n-drive events I am being told I would be better off with a 12v system since the alternator charges at 18+ volts it can be hard on electric motors like the water pump for extended periods of time. Plus if I have an electrical/alt/battery issue on the road every parts store has parts for a 12v system and no one has anything for 16v. So I may be switching back to 12v for DD events.
Thank you. This is exactly the information I was looking for. What battery were you using? And from what I'm reading the Holley dominator can take the extra voltage no problem. That's the feedback I've gotten from people is the whole car just kind of works better. I'm running the same water pump as well but won't be doing extended drives with this car.

Thank you. This is exactly the information I was looking for. What battery were you using? And from what I'm reading the Holley dominator can take the extra voltage no problem. That's the feedback I've gotten from people is the whole car just kind of works better. I'm running the same water pump as well but won't be doing extended drives with this car.
TBH I dont see it being much of an issue there are many many cars that have been running meziere water pumps on 16v for years, I just don't know how many have been doing it for cars that have to drive 300 miles. I may just add Diode like Bob suggested, thx.