1400 mile GN on ebay.

the 1400 mile car subject of this thread is no doubt beautiful and i hope it goes to a good home that will preserve it for what it is. it's gotta be one of the nicest original complete examples on the planet.

$19,034 the original selling price equates to $36,898.98 in today's $

thanks for the pics from 87! would love to see a thread with pics of these cars when they were new. if you have any more pics from back in the day please post up :cool:

i think MG might be right. the plastic that i saw looked like the GN below.

Attachments

• gn plastic.jpg
    gn plastic.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 129
Could be, but like I posted, the plastic was more then likely from the carpet manufacturer, not GM. I have seen other plastics used also, not car specific, but carpet specific. Moot point, the car in the auction is premo.

:biggrin:

Could be, but like I posted, the plastic was more then likely from the carpet manufacturer, not GM. I have seen other plastics used also, not car specific, but carpet specific. Moot point, the car in the auction is premo.

i agree with you, it is a gem!!!!

$40k for a mint Grandnational Or $50k for a driven GNX, that would have to cross your mind at some point. It would be nice to have to make that decision.:smile:

This car needs to stay "as is". If someone were to screw it up after all these years, they need beat with a bag of hammers. I just saw a 9000 mile GN for sale on here not too long ago. There are plenty of 20-30k mile cars to choose from. When I got mine, it had 14k on it. Outside of the bad factory paint, it is nearly perfect. It didnt have the original tires or exhaust, but everything else was. I took the first pieces off of it and when I am ready, I will put it back factory. Probably before 27k or so. If I want to keep going fast, I will get a T type and cage it.

****LEAVE THIS CAR AS IS****

I agree with you 200%. I could say A LOT MORE...but I'm just a newbie. So I"ll leave it at that.

Some people buy cars because they can and dont have a passion for them. Its a guy here locally had one of the cleanest GN Ive seen and totally customized it because he could. He replaced mint GN interior just because. That told me he didnt have an idea of what he actually had.:confused:

time capsule =yes survivor-?

This car is unbelievable. Still has the factory plastic on the carpet and the original bill of sale??! This is a 30k car all day long...should be more like 35-40k. It is literally a museum piece, a time capsule and a 100% TRUE survivor.

I always thought survivor applied to those great cars that were driven and maintained, that had avoided the accidents and paint jobs and maybe had some wear on the drivers seat but the back seat never was sat on. If you buy it and put it away with the idea that it will be worth a bunch in twenty years-sucker! Oh well my two cents- adjusted for inflation.

Explain this to me...

There's 26 bids on the car and it's at 38k...the Buy It Now is $38,500..am I missing something here.What's another 500 bucks if you are the 38k bidder?

Confused

There's 26 bids on the car and it's at 38k...the Buy It Now is $38,500..am I missing something here.What's another 500 bucks if you are the 38k bidder?

Confused

I was thinking the same thing because if they really want the car they're gonna kick themselves when they pay 5,000 over the buy it now or lose it for 38,600.