14 pin at ignition control module

spross86

New install fast 2.0 with plug and play Casper adapter all brand new grounds everywhere! So continue to chase a no start issue. I have been over the tree multiple times. When checking to see if injector pin (c) is shorted to voltage I put my meter on it and at ground I have 5v. With ignition on. Should I have 0 volts with ignition on. I changed the ignition control module for a new one and tested it. it had spark after reassembling I tried to start no fire but at ignition off it backfired and spark never comes back. Now I’m back to no spark and guessing I’ve somehow shorted out the another ignition control module? I am about to put this thing up for sale!
Any help in injector driver pin voltage on or off would be great.
Thanks Ed

Hi chuck, pin (P) has 12v key on. 0v off
No start tree on pin (C) with the 14pin removed from ignition control module only stated to check it to see if that circuit is shorted to voltage. Key off on (c) 0v. key on 5v ?
Thanks

Probably not your problem but keep in mind the Fast system and I guess others do weird things when you are cranking and the voltage goes below a certain levels. Real critical
Good luck

does the laptop show RPM and cam sync when you’re cranking? Good cranking should register well over 100rpm. Maybe 120+. Cam sync should come up shortly too.

Loss of RPM signal during crank…. She’ll never fire.

Reminds me of another car I know of that cranks without RPM signal except at the very last instant when you release the key, the signal appears for a moment and the engine tries to fire only then. Bad ignition switch on that one.

We here is a update! I pulled the FAST and installed the factory ECM and it got fire! I started it and it runs course with out the MAF installed.
So for the heck of it to see if it was the FAST i reinstalled it and dam it runs perfect? I did pull the bulkhead connector and cleaned it I don’t have any idea what fixed it. I just sent the idle log to Cal to take a look at it!! But I am happy I have made progress on this thing. Thanks Guys for all your help.

Reminds me of another car I know of that cranks without RPM signal except at the very last instant when you release the key, the signal appears for a moment and the engine tries to fire only then. Bad ignition switch on that one.
other than the switch failure, wiring mistakes cause this same issue.
A common issue with aftermkt installs.