14" front brake rotors?

Boxcars

Banned
Has anyone upgraded to 14" front brakes on their TR? Since I've installed 20" Boyd Coddington wheels on my GN, my previous LS1 brake conversion looks puny to me, so today I will be ordering the first parts I need to change over to the 14" rotors. I'll just be using the standard C5-C6 calipers which work with the smaller Corvette rotors and the larger !4". I should be able to complete the front LS1 brake transition to the 14" Corvette system for about $400. Anyone who has already completed this modification, any advice would be welcome and please post some pix of your brake mod here. :)

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 246
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 222
I did c6 zo6 brakes a few years back l have b body spindles with hotchkis control arms had to up grade the mc (bigger) for 6 piston so I went hydroboost. Zo6 make great parts cars

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    611.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Thanks for your input. Those calipers are really nice, but as I mentioned, I'm going with the cheaper 2 piston variety that look pretty much like my current LS1's. I don't foresee having a problem with my B-body master cylinder with those calipers. Interesting you posted pictures of that adapter bracket. Is that specifically designed for the 14" caliper conversion? Does that outfit, Engineered Velocity, still manufacture brackets? Mine are on order but I have no idea when they'll come and the supplier doesn't answer emails or return phone calls. I just found this Engineered Velocity homepage but their contact seems disabled. Maybe people who supply custom brake parts are affected by brake dust. Do you have a contact for them?

For brackets or anything updraded brakes use Kobin at kore3.com - that guy seems to know everything

For brackets or anything updraded brakes use Kobin at kore3.com - that guy seems to know everything

Thanks for the heads up, Jeff, but they don't make a 14" rotor conversion bracket set for G-body spindle, at least according to their parts listings.

Just received my new 14" Corvette rotors the other day and installed them on my turned down Regal hubs to be sure they fit. Glad I don't have to buy new hubs. Now, if I could only get my brackets.
yup.gif

Thanks for the heads up, Jeff, but they don't make a 14" rotor conversion bracket set for G-body spindle, at least according to their parts listings.

Yeah - thanks for reminding me - I got my brackets from UMI as a kit with their hubs for the rotors - sine I am switching to blazer spindles I got those brackets from Kore3 - sorry for the confusion

Again, Jeff, thanks for your input. Oddly enough, I was very happy to receive a friendly and accommodating phone call this evening from the party I ordered the brackets from. He told me I'd have the brackets one day next week. :)

I did c6 zo6 brakes a few years back l have b body spindles with hot boos control arms had to up grade the mc (bigger) for 6 piston so I went hydroboost. Zo6 make great parts cars
Dont mean to thread jack just have a couple questions.
What mc did go with? And brake lines? I have the 14 inch z06 caliper conversion parts with blazer spindles just sitting in my garage. Brackets, yellow z06 calipers, spindles, and hubs.
Did you do the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received my new 14" Corvette rotors the other day and installed them on my turned down Regal hubs to be sure they fit. Glad I don't have to buy new hubs. Now, if I could only get my brackets.
yup.gif

Flynbye has those brackets. 85.00 I bought them by accident when I was trying to go with Camaro SS calipers . 14 inch rotor ls caliper

What mc did go with? And brake lines? I have the 14 inch z06 caliper conversion parts with blazer spindles just sitting in my garage. Brackets, yellow z06 calipers, spindles, and hubs.
Did you do the rear?

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/ls1-brake-mod.172762/

Your input is welcome! Right now I have a B-body master cylinder with the 12" LS1 brake conversion on front and rear, as described here:http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/ls1-brake-mod.172762/.

I intend to continue using the B-body MC with the 14" brakes. Here is the style calipers I'll be using. I think I'll be able to use the same lines now installed on my LS1 calipers. If not, FLYNBYE has the lines I need. (note: GM caliper brackets shown in photo are those for the 13" or actually 12.80" rotors)

Last edited:
Your input is welcome! Right now I have a B-body master cylinder with the 12" LS1 brake conversion on front and rear, as described here:http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/ls1-brake-mod.172762/.

I intend to continue using the B-body MC with the 14" brakes. Here is the style calipers I'll be using. I think I'll be able to use the same lines now installed on my LS1 calipers. If not, FLYNBYE has the lines I need. (note: GM caliper brackets shown in photo are those for the 13" or actually 12.80" rotors)

This is my set up that I pieced together.... I was going to with red calipers, but then I saw the yellow and secided that those would be best. Ising steel braded brake lines as well

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 3F797C67-B88E-4631-8D02-B302A55049E4.jpg
    3F797C67-B88E-4631-8D02-B302A55049E4.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Yeah, I opted for the less expensive calipers. Mine were around a $100 each. I have the Russell steal braided lines. I think they are stock F-body lines for LS1 brakes. When are you going to move forward on your installation?

Yeah, I opted for the less expensive calipers. Mine were around a $100 each. I have the Russell steal braided lines. I think they are stock F-body lines for LS1 brakes. When are you going to move forward on your installation?

My gn is being work on at the moment , trying to find a engine stall problem when lifting off the throttle after boost so perhaps after that. I have everything to install the feont but thinking I should wait for the rear and do it all together, just have not researched what the rear conversion will need.

yup.gif

These look great! In my case dont think the rotors will be as visable. But the calipers will stand out greatly. My wheels are gloss black. I have vacuum brakes, so Im thinking that may not be sufficient and will need hyrodboost. But well see. He is what my wheels look like. I figured yellow would stand out alot

Attachments

• IMG_1703.PNG
    IMG_1703.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
IMG_1227.JPG
Did you do the rear?

Yes I did c6 zo6 rear also with ls1 Camaro parking brakes what Buickjeff said go to KORE3 and get everything you need they were not around or l did not fine them 10 years ago I went with a Wilwood mc and made a aluminum ps tank with return for spitter line don't remember where the lines came from but ss

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
View attachment 300716
Yes I did c6 zo6 rear also with ls1 Camaro parking brakes what Buickjeff said go to KORE3 and get everything you need they were not around or l did not fine them 10 years ago I went with a Wilson's mc and made a aluminum ps tank with return for spitter line don't remember where the lines came from but ss

NICE JOB!

Thanks I was thinking about going this route but very pricey and l would have to get 19" rims

Attachments

• IMG_1507.PNG
    IMG_1507.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Yeah, I hate that the stock 14" rotors weigh a total of 16 lbs, plus, over my current LS1 rotors. How much do the carbon fiber units weigh?