1350 Pinion Yoke install questions

tonysmach

I need to upgrade driveshaft. First I need to install the 1350 pinion yoke and then measure for the new driveshaft. Besides the pinion yoke (I have a chrome moly yoke) do I also need pinion seal and crush sleeve?
Can anyone point me to some instructions on replacing the stock pinion yoke with a 1350 pinion yoke?

You can change the seal while in there if its the original. I get green scotch brite and scuff the sealing surface on the new pinion yoke surface that the seal rides against. As far as the crush sleeve ...no. I mark the nut and the shaft relationship with a small chisel and simply count the number of turns and or thread that were protruding and when you get close reassembling just realign the marks. I have done this on several cars (ford 8.8, 12 and 10 bolts) and never had a problem with gear wear, etc. You are putting the preload right back where it was.

Turbo Nasty just did his driveshaft with a new modified one to help hold all his big hp and get it to the ground , you can mark where it is and you can feel when it tightens up to where it was as it will stop and check your mark and it should be very close and put it back on the line that you marked . I have done a ton of them and never needed a crush sleeve yet . Same job if you replace the pinion seal also .

I did this mabe 10 years ago, got the yoke and alum shaft from Denny's, I never reuse a crush sleeve, I have used solid ones, but the factory deals are one use, good time to replace the front pinion bearing too, with the new seal.