12 pin to 21 pin radio - HELP!!

moparkid

Looking for some help/input for a radio concern I have with my GN.

I want to upgrade to a newer style Delco AM/FM/CD radio from my Series 2000 Delco AM/FM/Cassette. I have the adapter harness from AC Delco, but am curious if there is a certain radio part number I should be looking for. Will I have to modify the newer radio to make it fit? I have plenty of G-Body radio mounting brackets laying around, so that part isn't the issue, just curious about the radio's themselves.

Sure would be nice to have a CD player in the car that works with the rest of the electrical system :)

Several vendors sell at 21 to 12 pin adapter. You'll need an antenna adapter too.

I already have the wiring adapter and the coax adapter. Been looking around online for the Blazer radio... They seem pretty easy to come by.

I put a camaro radio in mine and I had to shave the brackets just a little

I scored a 2002 Delco Monsoon w/built in amp from a Camaro for $40......and I bought the adapter Aminga told me to get and it was plug and play after trimming the brackets some.....added MB quartz 3 way 6 x 9 and Infinity 2 way 3.5 in the dash topped it off with Sirius reciever on the dash.......must say sounds great and people see it want to do it for their G-bodies.....................

Looking for some help/input for a radio concern I have with my GN.

I want to upgrade to a newer style Delco AM/FM/CD radio from my Series 2000 Delco AM/FM/Cassette. I have the adapter harness from AC Delco, but am curious if there is a certain radio part number I should be looking for. Will I have to modify the newer radio to make it fit? I have plenty of G-Body radio mounting brackets laying around, so that part isn't the issue, just curious about the radio's themselves.

Sure would be nice to have a CD player in the car that works with the rest of the electrical system :)

I installed a GM cd radio coming out of a '94 Buick Roadmaster. I did use the 12 to 21 pin adapter as well as the antenna adapter and everything works and fit perfect!

Claude.

I'm thinking about the 2004 corvette radio. Seems to be the same as the camaro. Any pics of the delco cd player installed without the trim plate on?

I'm thinking about the 2004 corvette radio. Seems to be the same as the camaro. Any pics of the delco cd player installed without the trim plate on?

I used a radio from a 97-02 Malibu, I had to drill one mounting hole in the support bracket. It fits quite well!

If you can find them the single best radio is the Delco Monsoon out of a 2000 or so camaro