12.89 @ 110.45

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Well... I made it back home. Didn't blow up the engine or the trans.

Car performed better than the driver. I dropped the ball in the qualifying runs mostly due to lack of experience. I managed a few runs during practice that would have landed me in the mid to lower end of the first qualifiers. I doubt I would have advanced any further though.

Unfortunately the event was poorly organized & that created unnecessary frustration/fatigue. Still learned a lot.

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Sounds like a great experience. You got to see what happens , how it happens and what to do next time.
As above , I'd be working on the traction/60' part of your activity. When you jump out on a competitor it really puts the pressure on them and can cause them to make mistakes they might not make if not pressured.
Be saving for a trans and converter because you know you will need it. Converter will help with both ends of the track if you get one matches to your combo.

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Sounds like a great experience. You got to see what happens , how it happens and what to do next time.
As above , I'd be working on the traction/60' part of your activity. When you jump out on a competitor it really puts the pressure on them and can cause them to make mistakes they might not make if not pressured.
Be saving for a trans and converter because you know you will need it. Converter will help with both ends of the track if you get one matches to your combo.
And a good electronic boost controller to ramp the power in/out. DS speed would be good data to have as well. Street Outlaw strategies . . .

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
And a good electronic boost controller to ramp the power in/out. DS speed would be good data to have as well. Street Outlaw strategies . . .
Got to keep it simple no need for an electronic boost controller.. I went 10.97 shitty converter full weight car . Just need good gas Eric’s chip with a good tune .. but he needs a rebuilt trans an a good converter first then Hotwire kit .. and a scanmaster

Jerryl

Got to keep it simple no need for an electronic boost controller.. I went 10.97 shitty converter full weight car . Just need good gas Eric’s chip with a good tune .. but he needs a rebuilt trans an a good converter first then Hotwire kit .. and a scanmaster
Simple is always better . . . unless you run a class where tires and surface dictate the power limit.

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
Simple is always better . . . unless you run a class where tires and surface dictate the power limit.
Been my struggle for yrs with the small 275/50/15 dr’s till I put 275/60/15’s on .. the 275’/50’s were either dead hook of blow the tires off down here in the south

Jerryl

Been my struggle for yrs with the small 275/50/15 dr’s till I put 275/60/15’s on .. the 275’/50’s were either dead hook of blow the tires off down here in the south
He is in a class that runs unprepped, on the street, and drag radicals or slic aren't allowed. So, once the suspension is maximized for his current setup, all he has left is controlling the power.

Once the suspension gets dialed in better, he can start pouring in more power, but that requires the ability to ramp the power, hence my statement.

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
Ok he got adj upper metco an lower control arms that are centerd ,air bag ? Atr rear sway bar or H&R parts sway bar ?? 90/10 front Lakewood’s 50/50 rear ? Does nitto make a softer compound tire that’s not a dr ?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
He is in a class that runs unprepped, on the street, and drag radicals or slic aren't allowed. So, once the suspension is maximized for his current setup, all he has left is controlling the power.

Once the suspension gets dialed in better, he can start pouring in more power, but that requires the ability to ramp the power, hence my statement.
One of the cars I ran against had DR on the back. Don't know if he made it through Tech, or swapped wheels afterward.