10's AT LAST!!

TurboStitches

Custom Shirts
Just got back from the track:

10.79 @ 125 MPH
1.59 60'
Having posi issues which will be repaired before BG.

Looking for a good 60' in BG! Can't wait!!

10's

Thank you!
I had a 9/11 converter and was running 11.20's @ 119. I went on a few drag racing calculator web sites and found I had a 22% slip thru the converter - I borrowed my brothers PTC non-lock and ran a 10.79 @ 125 mph off the trailer with no other changes. I only launched with 4.3 lbs. of boost! I have a TE45A Turbo, a Weber flat tappet 206/206 and stock bottom-end with main caps. I am looking forward to a 8 lb launch and a good 60' at BG.

10's

Thanks!
26 lbs. I think I am going to lower the boost because I still show a 14% slip. Maybe if I try 24 lbs. I will get less slip and go faster? Who knows but its worth a try.

What RPM are you shifting at? Higher may tighten it up. My car picked reving it higher however this is if you have the parts to work at higher RPM.

Small flat tappet, don't want to rev it to high, I go thru the traps at 5850. I may need to tighten the converter but I am going to try to lower the boost and see if that gives me less converter slip. I need a better 60' too!

My 60' was 1.59 - my best 60' in the car was a 1.50 but not with this new converter - YET! LOL I will be going to BG does anyone know if a good 60' is possible at that track? Do they prep the track good?

Id have the stator and pump switched out. I went 133+ with 4% slip. You have a couple more mph there if your still at 14% slip.

Thanks!
26 lbs. I think I am going to lower the boost because I still show a 14% slip. Maybe if I try 24 lbs. I will get less slip and go faster? Who knows but its worth a try.

You will not go faster with less boost. You will lose more out of the gate and still make less power at all ranges with less boost.

Thank you!
I had a 9/11 converter and was running 11.20's @ 119. I went on a few drag racing calculator web sites and found I had a 22% slip thru the converter - I borrowed my brothers PTC non-lock and ran a 10.79 @ 125 mph off the trailer with no other changes. I only launched with 4.3 lbs. of boost! I have a TE45A Turbo, a Weber flat tappet 206/206 and stock bottom-end with main caps. I am looking forward to a 8 lb launch and a good 60' at BG.

can you provide a time slip comparison...PTC vs 9/11?

Just got back from the track:

10.79 @ 125 MPH
1.59 60'
Having posi issues which will be repaired before BG.

Looking for a good 60' in BG! Can't wait!!

Congrats Lisa!!!! Glad to see your in the 10 secnd club!:cool: See ya down there in BG.

Brian