10's are so close

Just got back from Kilkare tonight and bettered my previous time again. Running VP C-16 with a TE45A, Stock motor, TT chip, 27psi, Vigilante 5disk O Pump stalls at 3400rpm with the following results on these 2 passes.....Both passes were on the foot brake

Pass 1....Left at 5psi....Had 3.7* knock on scanmaster when LU the converter (Blew the vac line off the Fuel press reg-Now tie strapped) and let out of gas and coasted through traps

1.6350.. 60 ft
4.7051..330ft
7.2832..1/8 et
95.75..1/8 mph
11.551..1/4 et
105.91..1/4 mph

Pass 2...Left at 10 psi...Saw 0 knock and 02's were in the 780's

1.7340..60ft
4.7723..330 ft
7.3311..1/8 et
96.800..1/8 mph
11.31..1/4 et
120.66..1/4 mph

I know this thing has a 10.XX in it.
Deren

You should be in the tens with that turbo. You are 4 mph slow in the 1/8th. Your 60 is weak. 27 lbs should easily get you better than 120 mph. Is your chip burned for 116? What is the timing?

Deren, I was there , track was OK but not killer buy any stretch. Work on the suspension/60' times and it will come easily!! Car really looks strong once it gets rolling. Nice job. Mike:cool:

Your 60 Ft. time is the culprit. The mph is there. Your 60 should be low 1.5's or better. Ever tenth you can take off in the 60 equals about two tenths by the time you get to the top end.

Ever though about a trans brake? That would get those 60 times down easily.

Thanks Kevin, Mike.....Mike what was Rock talking about the new weight limit for the Quick 8 about???

Matt, I have a T-Brake, I guess I need to start playing more with the QA-1's and leave off the Brake. Right now they are set to the "5" position. Suspension is preloaded and comes up real straight, won't squat too much in the rear because of the Metco bars w/instant center brackets. I am going to get some slicks though 28/9/15's and I know that I can do 10's with the DR's but the DR's are not helping the rpm's any 275/50/15's. Really the stock setup isnt the best route for trying to get into the 10's but I thought It would be cool to get it done with a stock motor.

Deren

Deren, If you go to Edgewater or Tristate, let me know. You can stop over at my house and see if my slicks or 275/60's fit. Like to see you get the 10 second slip:smile: My house is about 15 minutes from Edgewater and 25 minutes from Tristate.

That sounds like a plan Kevin, going to Lonnie's tomorrow to get Toms car. What are you doing Monday? I am off Monday, could make the trip down there just for chits and giggles as long as its not raining. Deren

That sounds like a plan Kevin, going to Lonnie's tomorrow to get Toms car. What are you doing Monday? I am off Monday, could make the trip down there just for chits and giggles as long as its not raining. Deren

Thats cool. I gotta go out there also Sunday to pick up a few things. What time are you going?

I agree with the 60' holding you back.

I also think with the stock heads you can run even higher boost......especially with C16....... (you have heard the longer fuse analysis)and I think you are going to have to do so to get the ET out of it pushing thru the stock ports on the heads. It is killing your MPH......I would think you could (in small steps... watching for knock) go to 30-32 psi if you are pushing thru the stock intake and heads..... assuming no knock... and C16 fuel....

IMHO... you should probably be tuning with a wideband as well....at this power and boost level......definately a audible knock detector as well...

The 60' time potential improvement should get you in the 11 teens.... but the rest will IMHO have to be got with making more power.... i.e. more boost and/or leaner tuneup. 780's usually IMHO... isn't on the ragged edge..... yet...

Do some tuning.... leave off 15+ psi off the t-brake if the track can stand it....