109 built long block

harris48cars

First of all this engine is in my car and running so anyone interested will know this not a pig in a poke. There are faster engines out there but none the less this engine is scary fast.
Anderson Performance built this engine. They've done several and I've never been disappointed. Machine work was done by Coleman Brothers. If you are from the east you may be familiar with them. They may have an equal but none better.
700 miles. No smoke and does not use oil. Fresh Champion iron heads. J.E forged pistons 8.25 to 1. stock reworked rods and stock crank cut 010. RJC girdled. 214/214 Comp roller cam. Rock steady idle at 900 rpm. stock rockers with HD shafts. Cometic head gaskets.
This a long block and there are parts on it that are not included but If you have tradable parts I am willing to swap out parts so there will be less disassembly of the engine. Example: front cover not included, BHJ balancer not included. Buick V6 valve covers not included. Champion ported intake not included. JW flywheel not included. ATR headers not included. If you have any of these parts to trade I would leave mine on the engine.
I believe in full disclosure. So if there is any bad here it is. Anderson built me a perfect engine. I was most happy that I had no oil leaks which the girdle engines are prone to. I had the car out and was having a little fun when the gas pedal stuck to the floor. By the time I unstuck it my programable tach recorded a 6800 high rpm. I now have and oil leak. it is equivalent to a rear main leak and I believe it is the rear main. Easy fix when the engine is pulled for a sale. Im 65 years old and my crawling under the car and pulling engine days are over. Anderson has made a generous offer to fix it. But I have another long block in the garage and I will have Anderson's build it without the girdle and use parts off this engine if it doesn't sell.
But as much as I like the reliability of the girdle I don't want to worry about another leak down the road. I absolutely am paranoid about oil leaks and you can believe it or not but that's my reason for selling.
BTW, the engine dyno'd at 474RWHP and 450RWTQ at 18 psi on pump gas and little timing, I've since added alky and am running 22psi on pump gas. I had to put drag radials on the back after this mod. Anyway if it sells it sell if not then it doesn't. This is a great engine and anyone showing up for a test drive I promise you will be impressed. And it's the quietest engine I've owned.
I know i'm limiting my market but I do not want to ship the engine. I could but would much rather sell it locally so the buyer can drive it and know that he is buying a good engine. $5500 sounds like a lot to me but thats what I want or very very close. I don't think I'm being to unreasonable I see what others are asking for short block with no heads. I've felt the sting of buying a couple of engines in the past that were not as advertised. But the adds sure sounded good. Just remember there's something to be said for being able to try out an engine while it's in the car.
Or maybe I could just sell the short block. but let's try the long block first.
Gary