109 block question

It says ask questions, so don't be afraid.

Ask the seller to send you bore measurements (top and bottom, two axes) and measurements of the main bearing hole diameters (caps tight, two axes).

Those numbers will tell you if it has a chance. Also if he's lying (or just didn't know) that it had been bored in the past. You can see in one of the pictures that the water jacket was leaking aft of #6 between the head bolt hole and the water jacket passage at the back of the block. There's some pretty substantial corrosion pitting. Cutting the deck down enough to smooth that out might introduce piston height issues.

I would check the mains and line bore/hone if needed . Also check the deck height make sure it wasn't shaved down . Is the block a 109 NA block that has the turbo oil return line tapped ?

thanks for the info guys. Dank, it doesn't state what year, just a 109 block, and no real good pictures of the front. i am passing on it so could be a find for someone needing one. I am having heads worked so decking this one as Turbo6inKy stated gives me enough doubt to bail out.

thanks for the info guys. Dank, it doesn't state what year, just a 109 block, and no real good pictures of the front. i am passing on it so could be a find for someone needing one. I am having heads worked so decking this one as Turbo6inKy stated gives me enough doubt to bail out.

It does state the year at the start of the description as being an.

1986-1987 Buick Grand National 109 engine block.