10-Bolt Rear

Amab145

FS: Stock 10-bolt rear for a g-body. Non-posi. Just came out of my Buick, stock gear, absolutely nothing wrong with it, complete drum to drum. Reason for sale is I switched to a Ford M9 9" housing. Located in PA. $300

Last edited:
I'll take it. Let me know when I can pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
since it was listed as a 10bolt not an 8.5 and he didnt state it was from a turbobuick my first guess was this is a 7.5,
his thread posts only reveal he has an 84 ( he never stated it to be an 84 turbo car .. it could be a base regal) with an 86-87 motor swapped in
if it is an open 8.5 you got lucky

Last edited:
Sorry for the vagueness. I'm new to the turbo buick world and didn't realize some came with 7.5 and some 8.5's. I assumed they all came with the same rear, my mistake.

if it was originally a turbo car it should be an 8.5 that said things can change over the years and even if it originally had an 8.5 no guarantee that is still in there unless you know the cars complete history
snap a pic of the pumpkin section (the cover ) its not hard to tell the difference from the outside

i tried selling a 7.5 one time and couldn't give it away.Funny story ended up putting it on ebay. Started listing at one dollar guess what sold for one dollar!
Guy came to pick it up i told him to bring help i wasn't risking hurting my back lifting it and he was loading it himself for a dollar.oh well live and learn .ironically the 7.5 was in a roller i purchased 87 GN i was duked on both ends of that deal