10.6 pass

jckcolarusso

Friday night went to New England dragway in my street car
image.jpg

That's a great slip! Hopefully after I get a roll bar I'll be able to post one like that. What's your combo?

Thanks the motor is 249 cubic inch iron heads roller cam roller rockers stock intake stock throttle body 84 pound injectors ta headers 3 1/2 gn1 down pipe

I can't tell if there is a bar in your car.

Is there one?

I assume you got booted after that? I got booted for 11.4 there. They are pretty strict now.

So, is this on a chip or xfi? Do you know what your car weighs in at?

In October I plan on going back I will put slicks on it turn boost up and try to get a Better then a 10.6

Be cautious about going too fast at the track without a bar.

Sounds as if we have very similar power in our cars, yet very different builds. I don't have a bar either.

Mine's been 10.53/129, just like you. And there's some more. A lot more. :D

I have done all I can to be good at the track but then that one guy seeks me out, makes sure he gets next to me and then, well, I'm not going to get beat because of a tech time on my window..... not when that D-bag has been and wants to keep talking smack about my car.

I went to Wild Horse Pass this past Saturday night and they wouldn't even tech the car. They said I have a "10's" car with no bar. Then they let at least a combined 50 or so new Mustangs, Corvettes, Hellcats and GTR's tech all night long at 10.0 without a bar. Some went into the 9's.....

Whatever, I understand the safety aspect and wouldn't ever want to hurt someone else.

However, the "rules" are now being arbitrarily changed by NHRA to bring new money (aka late model cars and their new drivers) to the track.

That's just plain and, in my opinion, pretty clearly unfair. But that's just my opinion.

A 130MHP crash is a 130 MPH crash. Someone is going to get fucked up, period.

What makes these new and inexperienced drivers somehow "safer DRIVERS" ?

Last edited:
Let us know when you are going back. Maybe we can have a few other TBs there too.