1-2 shift problem

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
after 2 years of running perfect i went to the track for the first time with stroker and billit tranny and launched on 0 boost and when i get to the shift point it bangs back and forth hard 5 or 6 times then shifts then shutters down the track. i had a 1.8 60 foot and left off twice and got a 11.66 at 117 with 20 psi. on a te60. my car shifts soft cruising into second and third takes forever to shift. power logger file here

Attachments

• LogFile.dat
    197.8 KB · Views: 42
Brian, call Vince in the morning. If it has anything to do with the transmission he will know and take care of it. I bested an 11.25@119 today after you guys left. The guy with "issues" made another pass and I figured he would come back to my trailer, but I think he just left. So not sure if he turned the boost down or what he ran. But I figure it wasn't good.

I'm pretty sure you threw the governor spring while doing a burnout. This is known to happen then while making your pass your hitting the rev limiter. Shifts will be very delayed when the spring gets thrown. Have a look in the trans pan you may see it there. This bucking you describe can be very bad especially if running meth, it will still spray and can cause a very lean condition. Hopefully you didn't hurt anything.

TryMeGT said:
Brian, call Vince in the morning. If it has anything to do with the transmission he will know and take care of it. I bested an 11.25@119 today after you guys left. The guy with "issues" made another pass and I figured he would come back to my trailer, but I think he just left. So not sure if he turned the boost down or what he ran. But I figure it wasn't good.
nice pass. Called Janis and he gave me attitude. Got to my road at home and heard a pop and a major exhaust leak blew gasket out toward header on number 3. Felpros suck.

JimP said:
I'm pretty sure you threw the governor spring while doing a burnout. This is known to happen then while making your pass your hitting the rev limiter. Shifts will be very delayed when the spring gets thrown. Have a look in the trans pan you may see it there. This bucking you describe can be very bad especially if running meth, it will still spray and can cause a very lean condition. Hopefully you didn't hurt anything.
if you look in log file it is shifting at 5280. It seems like its trying to hunt for a shift. Then it feels Luke the band is pulsating on the drum.

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick