02 Bonneville SSEI

tford

Registered Member
Not a tech question. Just wanted to tell about my rainbow unicorn I found. 02 Bonneville SSEI with 44,000 on the clock! Been looking for one for a long time. Getting harder and harder every day to find one. I have the SLE (daily driver) and another SSEI parts car, so this one will make 3 total. My co-workers think I have an addiction. Another garage queen to sit next to the Regal. Christmas came early this year.

Nice car! I was looking at them in 10 years ago for a daily. Nothing good around here. All crapped up.

Here's the new addition. Has one imperfection on passenger door that I will get taken care of. The original owner was a 90+ year old lady. I'm buying from the 2nd owner. Still has the original exhaust and garage kept since new. Cold air intake is first on the list. Paying on the higher end of the kbb value but who cares. I'm sure one with this low of mileage is a very rare find. I just happen to catch the craigslist add 6 hours after it was posted up. Still keeping the SLE (169,000 miles) as my dd until it gives up on me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-15-14-26-25.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-15-14-26-25.png
    2 MB · Views: 38
That's the style I like. Very comfy seats. One of the issues I found was the aluminum hood starts to bubble. Under the front of the hood, the sheet metal is bent up and there is a pinch weld. Apparently they didn't prepare that area for the weld right and it will oxidize causing the blisters. Probably 80% of the ones I looked at had them.

My daily driver has that on the hood. A lot of them rust by the gas cap too. Going to coat it in wax religiously to try to keep it nice. Right now this thing is like a time capsule.

Those are really nice cars. What gets me is Pontiac had and was coming out with some nice stuff and that pos oblahma was instrumental in killing them. Must be the pos didn't like what Pontiac stood.

The writing was on the wall by the mid 90s that having so many competing brands by GM was killing its sales. That along with not making cars that were as good as Honda and Toyota. Wish they had just let Pontiac be the "performance" brand and Olds the mid level between Chevy and Caddy. Olds look(ed) way better than Buick.