The First Comp Turbo CTRX Hubless

Looked all over for you....
How'd you make out?
We were right where I said , river side of pits 20x30 tent ( they ended up giving me a smaller tent ) in between I believe it was Turbo Farm's big RV and Champion Heads trailer . The tent was set back to the edge of the grass with the trailers sticking out on either side . Too bad I missed you , maybe next year .
Only got to make 2 runs all event due to the weather. First run was a shake down , new to me , easy 2.0 60ft launch then going to WOT . The car started pulling harder the ever before then started to stumble so I got out of it as soon as it started .It was at the top of 2nd gear when I saw 6170rpm and it stumbled , not sure if it was rev limiting or not , turns out it was very rich , may be a sparkplug issue . My tuner made some remote changes , lowering boost a couple of psi and wanting me to try and make a clean pass but don't go WOT . Trying to make a almost WOT pass is difficult when the car pulls so hard with my small foot ( size 7.5 ) coming on & off the throttle all the way down the track ! You could hear it the whole run and the data log showed the TPS and boost following my foot input . An easy 2.1 60ft , on and off part throttle , boost 25psi ...11.50 @ 132mph . LOL . I really wanted to shake this out on Wednesday but the weather wasn't cooperating .

Last edited:
I saw your car there, Sam. That's a nice looking WH1. I never knew who was who because I don't know people's faces. I worked at Delco, too, back in 86. It would've been nice to meet you. Next year I'll try to do my homework so I know people's cars better. Sounds like you have a real monster on your hands. :) I bought my GN at Vincent Buick in Fairport, NY. I was living in Lowville, AKA "Cowville", at the time. They had a whole bunch of them on the lot. Maybe see ya next year.

We were right where I said , river side of pits 20x30 tent ( they ended up giving me a smaller tent ) in between I believe it was Turbo Farm's big RV and Champion Heads trailer . The tent was set back to the edge of the grass with the trailers sticking out on either side . Too bad I missed you , maybe next year .
Only got to make 2 runs all event due to the weather. First run was a shake down , new to me , easy 2.0 60ft launch then going to WOT . The car started pulling harder the ever before then started to stumble so I got out of it as soon as it started .It was at the top of 2nd gear when I saw 6170rpm and it stumbled , not sure if it was rev limiting or not , turns out it was very rich , may be a sparkplug issue . My tuner made some remote changes , lowering boost a couple of psi and wanting me to try and make a clean pass but don't go WOT . Trying to make a almost WOT pass is difficult when the car pulls so hard with my small foot ( size 7.5 ) coming on & off the throttle all the way down the track ! You could hear it the whole run and the data log showed the TPS and boost following my foot input . An easy 2.1 60ft , on and off part throttle , boost 25psi ...11.50 @ 132mph . LOL . I really wanted to shake this out on Wednesday but the weather wasn't cooperating .
Seat time and your there👍

we literally needed not alot of dome pressure(while getting the co2 where it needed to be)to create boost and the boost pressure made power while being lowered.
Out of curiosity, how much co2 for how much boost and were you running a spring in the gate?

Curious Spool

What's the spool gain C02 vs vacuum that you've noticed in general?
C02 appears to offer a bigger gain than I'd expect in this category let alone the precise boost level adjustments.

Curious Spool

C02 appears to offer a bigger gain than I'd expect in this category let alone the precise boost level adjustments.
CO2 gives great control while keeping the gate shut better than using manifold pressure. Spool up is stupid fast for me anyways and that comp turbo seems like it is even better. It's also a stupid easy to install. I mounted the bottle in the trunk, ran the line from the trunk through the side of the back seat then in to the wire channel under the doorsill coming out to the engine compartment AC wires/vac lines are and I mounted the solenoids on the pass side inner fender.

Curious Spool

Many of us up here have used
Manifold pressure
Co2
Electronic wastegates
some cars will not even work on manifold pressure
Regardless that is reacting to gate not ahead of it
Co2 is where it's at.
dome pressure applied gives complete control in an almost instant situation and can be figured out no matter and wait for it any backpressure setup and load/temp conditions if someone is paying attention.
co2 is ahead proactive
Full control of your own turbo system.
especially with an electronic controller.

For my cars or Sam's?
From what he said it was 9# spring + 20psi dome was 28.1psi which is REALLY good. (almost 1:1). With my hpt 6466 on a 5psi spring and 20psi dome I am at 19psi (1.3:1). I haven't turned it up since I have a 200 mile trip with the car coming up that is going to be on gas instead of e85.