Zero-decked 4.1?

You won't really have quench area with those pistons anyway; they have a round dish. Quench in general on a stock headed Buick V6 is nonexistent. The GN1 heads have a bit of a closed chamber compared to a stocker but you'd need a piston with a dish shaped to match to get any quench area.

Sounds like a nice combo, BTW..should run well.

I run .060". If you ever have a situation where you lose the porcelain of the plug, you'll be very thankfull for the extra clearance.

Dish volume is 35.5cc. According to Fel-Pro the 1026 compressed thickness is .032. ..........

After reading this a few days ago, I started to wonder about the compressed thickness that Felpro states, as we have always used 0.040" as the benchmark for this gasket.

When I miked a used set that came off my car which has 14 bolt heads, the thickness measured +0.040" in all the I places checked.

I mention this now as it appears you will have a little extra clearance than figured. :)

Nick, I wonder if it's possible to have a manufacturing tolerance of .008 or so? Anyway, I have both 1026's and .060 Cometics, guess either way would be safe. Thanks for the info.