Z28 & Convertible Vette

toddmingnworld

Undead1
Guys,

Ran into a nicely equipped late model Z28 w/loud exhaust & some big a$$ tires...Sounded healthy...Meet up at a light of course and he's revving @ me so I begin building boost...Can only go up to 4 pounds because that's all my street tires will hold of course....We both take off pretty hard and before I reach top of 4th gear I have at-least 4 car lengths on him....From that point forward he's just cruising.....

Fast forward to today and I run into a 00-01 maybe Convertible Yellow Vette....Didn't look or sound modded too much.....I had to jump in and out of traffic to catch him...He's with his buddy and it's just me in the GN.....I get beside him and just give him a casual look but neither of us could do anything because a slooooow car was in front of me....I get behind him at the light as I could never get next to him @ a light..While at the light & in front of me he rev's really hard and his tires are spinning somewhat......I stay on his a$$ nice and tight and get next to him doing about 45 or so and by this time I was probably to his rear quarter panel when we both slammed on it.....I was slowly closing ground between us when we came up on traffic really really fast and had to shut it down..Nevertheless I don't think I did that bad on a half tank of 94 octane w'17 psi's on the stock Turbo..:mad:

Had this been a stop light race and I would have had the chance to build some boost I think I would have walked him down.....