Z06 Didnt Want To Play

greg wilson

im a new gn owner puchased back in oct, but winter have been bad for finding races, i live in wisconsin and they over salt the roads so theres very few fast cars around, had two potential races one was a ss camaro he was with his girl so he didnt want to take a chance he just gave me thumbs up and praised my car. yesterday seen a yellow ZO6 making a turn i said to my self finally a race i just knew this guy was going to go, so i was behind him and i punched it and few up on his bumper trying to provoke him to go, he took one look in his rearview mirror and seen a mean looking gn with blacked out head lights and just kept on crusing along i followed him for 4 miles and he wouldnt bite to my amazement im very shocked how much respect turbo buicks still get after all these years, people are afraid of turbo buicks because they are so unpredictable my car is basicly stock ram air 15 psi chip other basic stuff i pridict 1370 1330s @ 101 104 but track is not open yet trying to race these ls1s to see where i am but only get stupid ricers who i wont wast my gas and my time with. oh i forgot about 2 mustangs that didnt want any part of the gn man it feels good to drive a car that gets this much repect. not a kill but feels damm good for the ego mods and real kills on the way.

Z06

With the mods you list my money would be on the Z06, especially if you are running street tires.

Looking for any of you in the Seattle/Tacoma area in Washington for track visits and shop talk. I have a fairly complete shop with a mechanics pit and about any tool you need to tear a car down and put it back together other than the computer tools you guys need. Guests welcome on Saturday's and Sunday's.

i know the Z06 is alot faster, i just wanted to race any thing to see how this car is runing. like i said i just got this car last oct, the mods on the car is from the previous owner i havent had a chance to take it to a speed shop yet, oh i forgot to post i also have a black oo c5 a4 315 gear bone stock 1330 @105 best time only 1 time at the track the 2 cars feel real close my corvette is in storage until may or i would have raced it .

yeah i wouldn't be picking on z06's anytime soon if you plan on winning...those things are monsters!:eek:

Redrum....

Where is your shop located? We just had our "dyno day" this past weekend with 7 TB's in attendance, 2 Typhoons, and a LT1 Impala SS. I'm sure some of us would be up to visiting your shop and bench racing with you. Let us know and we will plan another get together.

Bill

Bill your everywhere

Redrum,

I ran my share of Z06's, from stop light to stop light, at a 65mph roll and at the drag strip. The only one that beat me was at a 65mph roll with a heavily modded Z06, but I want a rematch now that my combo is tuned in at 520 ft lbs of tq at the wheels on pump gas!:D :D :D :D :D

Anyway's we'll have to hook up at your shop or something and go for an evening cruise. What's the name of your shop and your location? Bill and I will have to swing by.

Shop

My shop is at my home. I have a main house with two car stalls and the shop with a working stall with the pit and an extra slot for work or parking another car. I have the Corvette there now. I live on Fox Island, (near Gig Harbor) phone 253-549-2320 and email at mshoover@harbornet.com. I usually have enough beer in the fridge for a couple of extra's. Most weekends I spend all day Saturday in the shop. I forgot to mention I have a MIG welder, and even sand blasting equipment if you want to visit and fool with your car too.

I hope to have the Chevelle ready for strip use near the end of the season this year. I will be going to Bremerton for the shake down runs as I do not intend to install a roll cage and I don't want to get kicked off the Pacific Raceway track for <11.99 or faster violations.

I intend to only run the Chevelle on full street tires as driven every day so my times will be severely traction limited with 295/50/18's.

boostedmaxPSI, my 68 Corvette should be a fun race with bragging rights at least for one of us...... hehehehe. Let me know if you are going out to Pacific Raceway and let's hook up, again real street tires only! 520 ft pounds of torque with street tires would really be fun to play with. I'll have to hide all my Chevelle's motor specs if you guys come visiting..... ;)

I want in on that action!!!

Should be fun. Frank and I will have to come down and check out your shop. One of us will call you.

Thanks, Bill

520 ft pounds of torque with street tires would really be fun to play with.

Funny!!:) I don't even own a pair of slicks, just a good set of BFG's. Keep me and Bill in mind when you go to the track and we'll meet you there. '68 vette, gotta tell you that's my favorite body style. '68-'72's are awsome looking; I'm jealous!

Are you saying that Bremerton is a little more forgiving than PR? I know when I hit 11.9x Pacific Raceway was all over me. Sounds like you have the dream garage. Let us know when your headed out their and we'll meet you there.

Frank

haha....

I own a pair of slicks, but not a good set of BFG's!!! :(

Hopefully I will have some before we go to the track. I still don't know why I bought the slicks....:confused:

I have a spare set of Nittos 555r's already mounted on GN rims; you can give them a try. However, I prefer the BFG's.

Thanks Frank....

If I don't get the BFG's in time, I will take you up on the offer. I really would like to make use of the Telstars that I bought though....

On the Zo6 site guys are claiming 11.7 w/ CAI and dr's only. He must have saw the gas prices and went :eek: then saw your car and went :rolleyes:. I'd be happy he didn't want none.

don't believe everything you read. That would be one hell of a driver. Figure up rear wheel hp vs weight and you will get you outcome. The last guy I raced with a Z06 was a friend of mine and we have a rematch scheduled. His personal best is 12.42 @117. The next run we do will be on video.