You lost to what!!!

Come to think of it. I got beat by a Honda one time but it was from a 50mph roll and the Honda trapped at around 150mph in the quarter mile. He didn't start to pull me until over 100mph when he quit spinning the tires LOL.

YouLikeThat said:
Come to think of it. I got beat by a Honda one time but it was from a 50mph roll and the Honda trapped at around 150mph in the quarter mile. He didn't start to pull me until over 100mph when he quit spinning the tires LOL.

That's a pretty impressive honda

meanchicken said:
A few years back when I'd had my GN for only a few months and it was still 100% bone stock and would fall on it's face a bitin 3rd gear (old tired motor) I lost to a Subaru Legacy GT....twice...he had an exhaust kit but was otherwise stock...even he felt bad for me. I'd get out ahead of him about 1 length, and then the falling on the face would happen and he'd go around me.....

Back in high school in my 2nd 68 Camaro (probably a 14 second car) that had a slightly modded 327 in it...I got completely spanked by a VW bug.
He pulled up next to me at a light all loud and proud and pudda-put-put-pudda-put-put-putting through a tall stinger pipe and reving at me...me and my buddies were laughing at him....until the light turned green....felt like I was draggin an anchor with the way he left me.

I bet the VW was an ego killer.

I remember my worst one…. It was in 1988 and I was in Panama City Florida with my 86 T Type during spring break. I had just finished cruising the strip and dropped my buddy off at his 280zx . It was about 2 am and a truck load of drunks pulled up beside me at a red light yelling “Run it” Let’s go” “come on!” There was at least 3 in the cab and maybe six or seven in the bed of this mid/early 80s short box regular cab Chevy. I figured this will be over in a hurry so I was laughing when the light turned green. Well, it was over in a hurry because that truck just walked off and left me like I was in reverse. The only bright side was that one of the girls in the back of the truck took off…well let’s say she made losing the race “ bearable” o_O The only thing I can figure it was a nitrous feed big block. Glad my friends didn’t see it! I have always keep that one to myself.

Texas gn said:
I remember my worst one…. It was in 1988 and I was in Panama City Florida with my 86 T Type during spring break. I had just finished cruising the strip and dropped my buddy off at his 280zx . It was about 2 am and a truck load of drunks pulled up beside me at a red light yelling “Run it” Let’s go” “come on!” There was at least 3 in the cab and maybe six or seven in the bed of this mid/early 80s short box regular cab Chevy. I figured this will be over in a hurry so I was laughing when the light turned green. Well, it was over in a hurry because that truck just walked off and left me like I was in reverse. The only bright side was that one of the girls in the back of the truck took off…well let’s say she made losing the race “ bearable” o_O The only thing I can figure it was a nitrous feed big block. Glad my friends didn’t see it! I have always keep that one to myself.

Till now....

Lost to a first gen Camaro that runs 8.80's. The race was just for fun. Knew I'd lose but just wanted to see by how much.

Lost to a first gen Camaro that runs 8.80's. The race was just for fun. Knew I'd lose but just wanted to see by how much.
thats not much of a embarresing lose when you know the guy has you beat before you even turn your car on. Im gonna take on a 9 second Stang to see what it looks like.

Rice although overpriced can sometimes be nice.

Takes a pretty penny to get a Honda pretty quick in the 1/4. Unlike a GN. GN 1
On the other hand.. it's pretty pricey to make a GN take corners effectively on the road course. Honda 1.
Readily available parts. GN 1 points, Honda 5 points.
Cool factor. GN 100 points, Honda (even tho its a right hand drive and imported) 25 points.

My brother used to tear up the streets of San Jose in a little canary yellow 1971 Toyota Corolla with hand fab'ed fender flairs and front spoiler that some guy named Terry Pfaff had built and turbo charged....it was a real nicely built car....ran 20lbs of boost if memory serves, and also had water injection...
Probably made less than 300HP from the 1600cc, but in a car that only weights 2000lbs.....it was a beast....he shamed many a muscle car owner at the stop light drags....

Terry Pfaff had also built a Datsun pick up truck and turbo'd it as well....

This was back in the mid to late 70's so both cars were way before their time.

A few years back when I'd had my GN for only a few months and it was still 100% bone stock and would fall on it's face a bitin 3rd gear (old tired motor) I lost to a Subaru Legacy GT....twice...he had an exhaust kit but was otherwise stock...even he felt bad for me. I'd get out ahead of him about 1 length, and then the falling on the face would happen and he'd go around me.....

Back in high school in my 2nd 68 Camaro (probably a 14 second car) that had a slightly modded 327 in it...I got completely spanked by a VW bug.
He pulled up next to me at a light all loud and proud and pudda-put-put-pudda-put-put-putting through a tall stinger pipe and reving at me...me and my buddies were laughing at him....until the light turned green....felt like I was draggin an anchor with the way he left me.
wait...meanchicken lost a race? ;)

About 5 years ago, I was riding along and a Mitsubishi with two guys were looking at the 84. :cool:
Turned left as they did, I stepped into it about ½ throttle, and they blew past me . . . floored it trying to keep up and pass them but couldn’t. :mad:
Not sure if it was a de-batched evo . . . . but my excuse is . . . . . I was having a lot of issues with the car (stock heads, baaaad tune, etc) ...... but even tuned, I still don't think I would have kept up . . . . . . . . the following week, I pulled the motor and added some goodies . . . . even though I no longer street race . . . . unless I am heavily evoked . . . :p . . . . Seriously though, wish I could see those guys again and thank them for the inspiration!