yep....another 5.0slo falls victim to the GN

1fast6

just got the new trans buttoned up and went to the local cruise-in.
cruising home i stopped at a light and a fox mustang pulled up next to me.
car was thumping pretty good so i asked him what cam he had. said it was a 91 with an E cam.
cool i said. told him we just put a B cam in my sons car. he told me it had 4.30 gears, intake, and supporting mods.

light was getting ready to go green so i started break boosting. took it up to about 7# light went
green and i put 4-5 lengths on him in no time.

10"converter rocks!

Mustang owner here, and what was that guy in the Mustang thinking LOL. He though he could take on a GN? I love my fox but I bow down to the GN. The mustang just doesnt have enough grunt to keep up with the GN.

I've seen some fast 5.0s before. Can't take them all as slow. But usually you can tell whether or not they are the slow ones. A GN, you can't tell if its a full out 10 second monster, or a 14 second stocker..

Nix

Yea. LOL. I do have a question guys, I joined this forum to find a project buick regal GN or ttype as a project car that i can restore to stock form. I want to buy a car tat is around 2K-5K and complete. interior doesnt have to be can be messed up but the engine has to be all there. I hope i can find that. If any of you guys come across something can you let me know? The 5.0 and Gn were the kings back in the day, these two cars shook up the racing world. They are both a piece of history.

My co-worker has a 93 cobra sounds meant as a mf but is all noise and no go at all. Car is nice bbk intake nice bumping cam,chiped, 42lbs inj,5 speed.. N my t type eats it up with no problem stick or no..

I had a guy with a Fox body who wanted to run me this past week. I casually declined. He's running a big stroker V8, 14.5 to 1, slicks, cage etc. A little birdie told me that he runs 9's. Now if I had been running a TT race chip with special sauce, I might of taken him up on his offer.

Sometimes it's better to swallow your pride...than have to eat crow....;)....but I'd run him anyway just for fun...

nothing like a dead hook in a buick on the street;)9 sec on the track and street arent the same.

True. My car hooks fairly well at the track (1.5x short times with my old combo. Yet to see with new combo), but on the street I smoke the MT drag radials through 1st and 2nd. I'd like to try the new 295/55-15 tires but I'm afraid they might not fit.

thats the tire i have on mine,love them 1.52 60fts of the footbrake hooks great on the street

Maybe I should give 'em a try. I have 15x9 with 4.5 backspace, no frame notch. I have a feeling they'll rub the frame. What rim you running?

Wow, that's a big tire for an 8. I guess all I can do is try. Hate shipping stuff back though.

My co-worker has a 93 cobra sounds meant as a mf but is all noise and no go at all. Car is nice bbk intake nice bumping cam,chiped, 42lbs inj,5 speed.. N my t type eats it up with no problem stick or no..

If he doesn't have a blower on that set up, the 42's are extreme overkill. Can you say cylinder wash down.

BBK intake looks nice and all high tech but is a downgrade from the stock gt40, chips on those cars don't work as well as on GN's as a matter of fact many consider them to be 90's placebo's(it was nice to learn that TR's in fact respond to them). I think the 93 Cobra's were good for 13.6's off the showroom iirc,now I know nowadays thats not great but not bad for basically a 80's car extended into the early 90's. What did a factory GNX run again?.